Okaloosa cnty

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

It's pretty confusing trying to figure out what works in Okaloosa County and ft Walton Beach Florida. From the state radio system. Ect. Can someone confirm the public safety frequencies of vhf and uhf please? Are there any vhf used now? Thanks jerry

jharr465

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies Used in Okaloosa County

All the frequencies in the 460 mhz range are good for both the County and Fort Walton Beach. The Fire Depts use VHF frequencies as listed. The State System (SLERS) is encrypted ProVoice except for the Okaloosa EMS which is in the clear on Provoice. If you don't have a scanner that will pick up ProVoice you're out of luck for SLERS. The frequencies listed here in RadioReference Database are correct and in-use.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Thank you John, that is the information I was looking for. Nope I have a bcd996p2

There is a upgrade for that radio. Not sure what the dallor amount is. If you are near the Walton co line you can hear the ems and fd on slers but the wcso is all enc.

treyryan

treyryan

South Okaloosa Cnty Fire Dispatch VHF

Is what i been hearing right? I been hearing Two Way South Okaloosa Cnty Fire Dispatch on VHF or at least patched audio. Anyone else hearing the same?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is in Okaloosa County might want to check for DMR. I found one on May 12 17 FWBPD Disp went to DMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.