Okanogan County Wa frequency changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

elisewalker

There have been changes to the way we are able to hear the Okanogan County Sheriffs office (Washington)over the air since an upgrade. Sometimes we hear everything on car to car 155.715 and other main channels, but they can now block the same channel intermittently so only dispatch and other cars can hear. They called it "green". How do I update? The frequency itself hasn't changed. How are they doing it?

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Possibly encryption...?
Keep track, take notes and once a clear pattern is obvious, submit the changes to RR (changes need to be documented)

RBMTS

Just out of curiosity, what scanner are you listening to? My suggestion to you is turn off any CTCSS / PL codes you might have on the frequencies. Then you'll be able to listen to any activity on the frequency. If you here a loud static noise that abruptly starts and stops, that means they have gone to a digital mode (and maybe/probably encrypted). If they went audio scrambled, you will here very garbled unintelligible noises. Let us know what you hear when they go "green".

elisewalker

Just out of curiosity, what scanner are you listening to? My suggestion to you is turn off any CTCSS / PL codes you might have on the frequencies. Then you'll be able to listen to any activity on the frequency. If you here a loud static noise that abruptly starts and stops, that means they have gone to a digital mode (and maybe/probably encrypted). If they went audio scrambled, you will here very garbled unintelligible noises. Let us know what you hear when they go "green".
It is pure static. They can come and go out of that mode.

elisewalker

It is pure static. They can come and go out of that mode.
I have two scanners. An older BC8500XLT and and Uniden BC 125AT. My BCD325P2 hasn't been programmed. I was waiting until I figured this out.

RBMTS

Static would indicate a digital signal. I looked at their various FCC licenses and I don't see any info for digital mode emissions. But that's not to say they aren't doing it. If it is digital the question is what flavor (P25, DMR, NXDN). Does your 325 handheld have DMR and NXDN unlocked?

Try to hear them with the 325. Enter in the frequency(s) and set for "Auto" modulation. Then it should decode P25 and potentially the other modes (if you have them). Hopefully you can hear them with the portable.

j86u

I listen to the repeaters in the Tonasket/Oroville area, and haven't noticed any changes. As far as I know, 153.7475 is the only P25/Encrypted channel in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.