Okay, I'm an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Well, I got my Pro96 this afternoon, and I've been having a blast figuring out how it all works.

However, there's one thing I'm having some difficulty with, the dreaded V folders.

How in the world do I swap between them?? I've just about got the first folder full of conventional freqs for area police, fire and ambulances.

I want to use the next folder for a trunked system, and another for local repeater freqs. I'm pretty sure I need to use the PGM-FUNC-PGM combo, but once I get the folders saved, how do I switch between them?

This memory system is far more advanced than anything I've ever used before and I'll admit it, I am totally in the dark and feel like a total newbie.

I did a search and what I found only confused me more. Any help any one can provide will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

SSSG

:)

Last edited:

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Just imagine that you have a 500-channel configuration (freqs, trunk systems, talk groups) in working memory. This is what you use when you are monitoring.

Then, 'behind' that, waiting to be used, like computer files, are 10 more folders or files, with 10 more configurations, either pre-programmed, or programmed by you. You can load any one of these into working memory to use, make changes if you wish, and then save the changed version back into the V-folder if you wish.

In practice, you could have the configuration for Area 1 in working memory, make any changes and updates you like, save this into a V-folder for later use, and load the V-folder for Area 2 into your working memory. When you want to go back to Area 1, you save the Area 2 data back where you got it (only necessary if you have made changes), and load the Area 1 data back into working memory for use.

If you think of the V-folders as computer files which can be accessed, modified, and saved in their modified form, this may make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.