OKC APCO P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

852.475 is listed as CC for the P25 Phase II system but it's been idle. DSDPlus and Unitrunker doesn't know what it is. No NAC No Site No nothing output but big signal of what sounds like P25. Not sure why. 851.1875 P25 CC has been rather weak over here. All the EDACS frequencies are very strong. Why is 851.1875 so dang weak? It used to be very strong. It's the same across 3 RTL-SDR dongles.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Looks like they are testing individual towers. I cannot think of why I have almost perfect signal on 851.1875 while you do not other than im a lot closer to 10.4 than you are. Maybe this coming week they will swap to another tower idk

S

simpilo

They could be testing towers individually. Sure seems like a step closer to cut-over in my opinion. I am hoping they go ahead and slowly cut over as the FS4 location is constructed.

air-scan

They are testing in Phase I mode for now. It might change back to Phase II TDMA at anytime. Also, there was no patch/simulselect messages in DSD+ FL Event Log. Some registration/deregistration messages directly from the site not a patch.

Then they enabled Patch/Simulselect Supergroup.

Just a quick update on the testing. Looks like the system is moving forward into the build. Will still take a long time.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
They are testing in Phase I mode for now. It might change back to Phase II TDMA at anytime. Also, there was no patch/simulselect messages in DSD+ FL Event Log. Some registration/deregistration messages directly from the site not a patch.

Then they enabled Patch/Simulselect Supergroup.

Just a quick update on the testing. Looks like the system is moving forward into the build. Will still take a long time.

I’m not getting my hopes up for anything the rest of this year. Still got a tower to build too. Then when they do start migrating we have to worry about encryption what will and what will not. Nobody knows.

air-scan

I searched other P25 systems in Kansas, and Texas. Many in the open. I am sure they won't change much. Only changing is the type of system. Since names and addresses are public domain anyway I see Dispatch talk groups staying in the open. They still have a button for "private" to push to go to the "E" channel when they need to do sensitive operations on TAC.

The City of Oklahoma City want to be as transparent by all means possible. A few council members have voiced this over and over again.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else notice 851.1875 decoding as NXDN currently.
I see DSD+ FL showing so but it shouldnt be

air-scan

Anyone else notice 851.1875 decoding as NXDN currently.
I see DSD+ FL showing so but it shouldnt be
Are you sure? Midwest City uses NXDN48. One of their 3 frequencies is 851.1375. I can see how it can be mistaken from a quick glance as 851.1875

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure? Midwest City uses NXDN48. One of their 3 frequencies is 851.1375. I can see how it can be mistaken from a quick glance as 851.1875

Yeah. DSD+ FL requires you to type in the CC and I double checked its typed in as 851.1875.

Status
Not open for further replies.