OKC Area Scanner Meeeting-July

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqscout

July is creeping upon us. I know because my stomach is calling.

How about the 11th at the Chinese Food joint that we ate at a few months back which is in the Mid-Del area? KX5MOT or other east side resident can you enlighten us with the proper address and food provider name?

Woodyrr bring another list of questions! That was great! If anyone has any questions about something that you heard on the radio or want to know about just jot them down and bring them to the get together. Also, if you have a new toy which you need help with bring it along too.

Look forward to seeing you there...Freqscout

freqscout

From OKC ASM -May

It is Golden Palace.

1224 S. Air Depot

It is on the east side of Air Depot ~ 1/8th mile north of S. E. 15th Street.

Thanks WoodyRR

woodyrr

I just returned, yesterday, from two weeks in Dallas. There was a fatality fire in a house in the next block on the street on which my brother lives - apparently, there's more to that story that what made the newspapers. Also, my favorite place to eat in Dallas, Nuevo Leon, was burned to the ground along with an entire city block in the lower Greenville Ave. area including a 1920s era theater called the Arcadia.:(

I am ashamed to say that I haven't turned a scanner on since my return. After admitting that, I hope that my subscription to the website won't be revoked.

I'll put the 11th on my calendar and try to come up with another pile of inane questions.

Last edited:

okccsi

I swear on someone else's radios that I will make it to this one. I have a toy or two to bring that I might need some help with.

OKC CSI

AE5C

I missed the last two meetings taking the ham technician level class, but now that I have my callsign, I'll plan to attend the meeting.

Allen

KX5MOT

I just found out i won't be able to make the 11th, so if you guys wanted a different day that would be cool, if not, no big deal.

freqscout

I'm up for anything...as long as I don't have to wait until August...I get pretty hungry in a month...two, no way.

freqscout

I vote for doing an East/West rotation.
One month East, next month West. Just rotate East to West each month and try to stick to the same places. Less torture trying to figure out where to go.

I vote for East to be the place for this month (becauce it is pretty much the best Chinese buffet I have been to in the OKC Area). West is the....(wherever we choose-Western Sizzlin, other Chinese establishments, BBQ joint, a Mickey D's PlayPlace)

KK5FM

freqscout said:
I vote for doing an East/West rotation.
One month East, next month West. Just rotate East to West each month and try to stick to the same places. Less torture trying to figure out where to go.

I vote for East to be the place for this month (becauce it is pretty much the best Chinese buffet I have been to in the OKC Area). West is the....(wherever we choose-Western Sizzlin, other Chinese establishments, BBQ joint, a Mickey D's PlayPlace)

This will make the East months more popular... but closer for KX5MOT, which is good, so he can cart more radios to the meeting :)

fireant

Is the date the 11th or are we going to try another date so KX5MOT can join us ??

fireant

okccsi

Was planning on having a vasectomy that day but I guess I can put it on hold for another week. The weed-eater needs to go into the shop anyways.

18th works for me.

OKC CSI

woodyrr

The 18th actually works better for me than the 11th, but not for the same reasons :lol:.

I also agree that the Chinese buffet just down the street here in Midwest City was surprisingly good and would be in favor alternating between east and west.

okccsi

In my opinion, there is a better place here in MWC for Chinese. However, there is not any better service than this one. When me and the family come in, they don't give us crappy looks for having so many kids. They tolerate us long past what anyone else would. Always letting us mnow how wonderful our kids are and that we should continue to have more.

Good folk

OKC CSI

RadiationX

Hehehe, you know you guys probly spend more time trying to plan the meeting than actually having one lol, im only joking

Im going to try to make it but any time and any place works for me unless its not out in the boonies or the the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.