OKC DPS comm center on TRD-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

Anyone else just hear Troop-A dispatch give out a COS to "all metro units" on Tulsa Regional Dispatch?? :confused:

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I heard them give out a BOLO on one of the SMA channels from the Lawton tower, from OKC. Quite cool.

car2back

It was really fast, but I recognized the voice (I have met the dispatcher that gave it out) and heard it addressed to all metro units. I thought maybe I heard on an SMA or something because our radio in the office scans them, but I also heard it on my hand-held at the same time (wasn't on scan). weird deal!

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I get that sometimes, Known traffic showing up on odd ID's. I think it's related to the scanner and not the system.

car2back

Freqed said:
I get that sometimes, Known traffic showing up on odd ID's. I think it's related to the scanner and not the system.

This was on 2 Motorola radios programmed for the Tulsa/DPS system :cool:

plaws

Premium Subscriber
car2back said:
Anyone else just hear Troop-A dispatch give out a COS to "all metro units" on Tulsa Regional Dispatch?? :confused:

Is that unusual? Is there no statewide frequency for that kind of stuff?

Illinois has "ISPERN", the Illinois State Police Emergency Radio Network" (155.475) and mandates that every patrol car in the state regardless of agency, have that available.

You can still find original ISPERN radios at hamfests with the original RED microphones. :)

Anyway, the ISP broadcasts all that stuff there and *everyone* hears it. It's on their Starcom 21 700/800 MHz system too.

Other states have similar.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No we have not advanced enough here in Oklahoma. We don't really have a statewide anything. Just patched up 800 and VHF. I'm sure hoping they realize their mistake. They need something like a code red channel for hot shot calls that goes out statewide. I heard a trooper say yesterday that his 44.70 radio was 10-7 for good, he's relaying thru his assigned county now.

freqscout

I would assume that that the metro dispatcher just grouped TRD on accident. They group all the metro TG's and lowband together here for all broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.