OKC Zoo Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

Ok I know that the Zoo is on the Edacs system, but does anyone know if theres any analog? I have one freq programed into my scanner Labled, Okc Zoo 153.815 I have no idea where I got this from, every once in a while it will land on it but I can never make it out.

Thank you

KK5FM

Shortwavewave said:
Ok I know that the Zoo is on the Edacs system, but does anyone know if theres any analog? I have one freq programed into my scanner Labled, Okc Zoo 153.815 I have no idea where I got this from, every once in a while it will land on it but I can never make it out.

Thank you

Good news for you!

The OKC Zoo is indeed on the Oklahoma City EDACS trunked system, but their talkgroups are in analog. So, you can enjoy -all- of the zoo traffic, by programming the OKC System in a scanner. Talkgroups can be found on this here web site.

Some of the other city services are also in analog. It is only the police and fire that you cannot listen to on the trunked system, using a scanner.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Something you can do if your scanner supports it is to "open" your scan bank that has the EDACS in it so you can hear ALL analog talkgroups. Then, once you figure out whats there, you can begin to weed out what you don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.