Oklahoma City EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwilborn

Greetings,

I will be passing through OKC on my way to Texas this weekend and could use some advice on this system. I'll be programming a 396 and a 330, and was wondering how much of this system is supported by either scanner.

I notice that the system is listed as "ProVoice and Analog", and that most of the talkgroups I'm interested in are Digital. Does this mean that those are using ProVoice? I'm from CO, so I've got our statewide digital P25 system configured already, and Denver's EDACS standard system. How different is the OKC system from the Denver system?

Also, I noticed that some of the talkgroups are simulcast on other frequencies in the VHF and UHF range. Would it be better to just program those in?

Thanks in advance!

-- B

Last edited:

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

I will be passing through OKC on my way to Texas this weekend and could use some advice on this system. I'll be programming a 396 and a 330, and was wondering how much of this system is supported by either scanner.

I notice that the system is listed as "ProVoice and Analog", and that most of the talkgroups I'm interested in are Digital. Does this mean that those are using ProVoice? I'm from CO, so I've got our statewide digital P25 system configured already, and Denver's EDACS standard system. How different is the OKC system from the Denver system?

Also, I noticed that some of the talkgroups are simulcast on other frequencies in the VHF and UHF range. Would it be better to just program those in?

Thanks in advance!

-- B

You're on the right track. Those indicated as digital are indeed using ProVoice. Also, you can program the old VHF PD dispatch freqs to listen in on PD. You're out of luck with fire. Both scanners should do fine picking up the system itself.

bwilborn

You're on the right track. Those indicated as digital are indeed using ProVoice. Also, you can program the old VHF PD dispatch freqs to listen in on PD. You're out of luck with fire. Both scanners should do fine picking up the system itself.

OK, so I'm basically boned for the EDACS system then, right? I guess I'll just use the old frequencies. Thanks!

-- B

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Pretty much...You should pick up all PD traffic on the old freqs though. You're just boned on the fire stuff. All public works stuff is still analog though.

Status
Not open for further replies.