Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office

defender2086

Does anyone know if Oklahoma County sheriffs office is still transmitting on their 400 MHz frequencies in addition to the new phase 2 or have they done away with those 400 MHz frequencies? They are still listed on the radio reference website so I did not know if they were simulcast with other trucking frequencies. If you could help me out with this I would appreciate it.

fireant

From my understanding they are on Phase 2 only. Think, I read here that they was no longer using the 400 mhz frequencies have not been listening to the UHF since before then.

fast2okc

Database Admin
Does anyone know if Oklahoma County sheriffs office is still transmitting on their 400 MHz frequencies in addition to the new phase 2 or have they done away with those 400 MHz frequencies?

The short answer is no, you will no longer hear the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office on 460.350 MHz.

The Sheriff's Department has migrated from UHF entirely to the Oklahoma City phase 2 system. They have several talkgroups there. Several are encrypted. This system is linked to the State OKWIN phase 1 system, but is only active when a radio on the OKWIN System requests it. Oklahoma County radios CAN use the OKWIN system, but the radios are programmed to choose the Oklahoma City system first. Oklahoma County traffic on OKWIN is active less than half of the time.

Meanwhile... The Oklahoma County Eastern Net (that law enforcement group formerly known as 460.550 MHz) has switched to the OMACS System. Well... Almost. Choctaw, Harrah, Valley Brook and Spencer Police Departments use the OMACS system, while Luther, Jones and Nicoma Park seem to prefer the Oklahoma City system. The result is that the Eastern Net can be heard full time on both OMACS and Oklahoma City. OMACS is listed as Phase 2, but several sites (including the two OKC sites) are sill phase one, so you can monitor them with an older scanner.

As for the old UHF equipment, it may still be around. The County still holds active licenses on more than a dozen UHF frequencies. Within the last few weeks, I heard noise on 460.475 MHz with the 162.2 PL tone. Old radios may quit working, but they don't disappear. I suspect there's a box of "workable" UHF radios in an emergency management closet somewhere that could show up in a disaster or an exercise.