Oklahoma EDACS Provoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
This system is getting very close to retirement with Oklahoma City Metro P205 System near or at complketition. Question is, Should I get the P25 Paid upgrade for an out going system. Is the P25 system close enough to complete?

ScubaJungle

I have no clue about your system, but I will say that the PV upgrade was 100% worth it for me. PV is often used by tac and detective channels, so if thats interesting to you, check it out

toad99

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't spend any money now for the Provoice upgrade. The OKC EDACS system is nearing retirement, and most of the police and fire channels are already available on the new P25 system. Only the police and fire are Provoice on the old system, everything else is analog.

toad99

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't know. I would imagine that the EDACS will stay operational until the new system is wrung out completely. They may not use it, but it could be brought online if something unforseen went wrong with the new system.

ZGX

I wouldn't know. I would imagine that the EDACS will stay operational until the new system is wrung out completely. They may not use it, but it could be brought online if something unforseen went wrong with the new system.

At which point you’d have the OKWIN links to get you by til resolved. I would pass on paying for the option.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
At which point you’d have the OKWIN links to get you by til resolved. I would pass on paying for the option.

Keep in mind those links only work for OCPD Dispatch channels, not anything for fire anymore.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
This system is getting very close to retirement with Oklahoma City Metro P205 System near or at complketition. Question is, Should I get the P25 Paid upgrade for an out going system. Is the P25 system close enough to complete?

Since you are in a bordering state of Texas, it may be worth the upgrade provided that you travel across the country, particularly in Texas. There is an active EDACS being used in Bell County, currently migrating to a P25 system and Wichita Falls, Texas which is mostly encrypted. Abilene, Texas is using EDACS as well; however, they will be migrating to P25, they are digital. The city of Copperas Cove is also using EDACS PV. There are several other smaller agencies using it. As for Oklahoma, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.