Oklahoma Highway Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
Now I am try to find out what frequencies I need to use from the Texas Line on Hwy 69 up to I-44 at Big Cabin to Missouri I make this trip a lot and would like to hear (OHP) I have the (OKWIN) but I have not got much action out of this system. Any Help I would like thank you

n5bew1

Troop E in Durant on 44.700 lowband and it's associated mobile relays will be what you need in southern Oklahoma. Further north you enter Troop D from McAlister which is lowband 45.22 with it's mobile relays etc. If you have a long antenna 5 1/2 to 6 ft long you can hear the base transmitters OK not so much with a small scanner antenna. Once you cross I-40 you might start getting some of OKWIN's traffic.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks I think I have to use I bigger Antennas I may have one laying around here that I can use going though OK

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
Troop E in Durant on 44.700 lowband and it's associated mobile relays will be what you need in southern Oklahoma. Further north you enter Troop D from McAlister which is lowband 45.22 with it's mobile relays etc. If you have a long antenna 5 1/2 to 6 ft long you can hear the base transmitters OK not so much with a small scanner antenna. Once you cross I-40 you might start getting some of OKWIN's traffic.

now I put them in but I am looking should I put in the Low Band Base Relays too?

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
From Big Cabin to the MO state line, I would (primarily) use the Craig Co 800mhz frequencies on the
Will Rogers Turnpike;

This is just my opinion, knowing how poor reception in certain areas can be ------- and I have never heard anything on low-band... I am sure it must be my antenna---Radio Shack's standard 800mhz for a handheld.

What I would do is........ instead of trunk tracking for OHP Troop L 44656..... I would simply scan
in conventional mode, locking out data channels.

The OHP Troop L dispatcher is a lady (God..sometimes I think she works 24/7..or there is a lady
that sounds just like her. LOL

Also, any OHP unit will call base by first advising "Vinita..."
ex: Lincoln 482 Vinita, Ten 8.

But... use caution, as many other agencies use this same term "Vinita."

To separate them, OHP Troop L's designators are

--X-ray--- (units patrolling the highway,

or

Lincoln units,

serving other respective areas and roads in the county.

This is just your route on the Will Rogers to the state line.

Also, if you have an iphone, there are many apps you can download. The Craig CO option on most
apps cover all you need.

KOK5CY

IMPO i'd stick with the low band stuff because those L unit's can at times be on the will roger's ...

peterjmag

It is also important to remember that OHP also uses the county SOs they are assigned to. So if you want to not miss a thing I might plot what counties I drive through and add them as well. At times you may hear them more on the county sides more than their 800 or low band frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.