Oklahoma (State of) scanner enthusiast dinner meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mam1081

Feed Provider
Anyone interested in getting more than just a city together for a dinner meet? Maybe on a weekend? I would think that 75% or so of people on here would live in or near Tulsa or OKC, so maybe we should try to meet inbetween them - say in Stillwater?

If there are a lot of other people in outlying areas, let me know. We could do a weighted average based on your lat/long to come up with the location.

Just trying to see the interest....

Post if you want to try this. Also, you might want to post your approximate lat/long here (dd.dd format - only 2 digits in the decimal please). I'll find a "middle" town with that info.

1 vote for 35.51°N, 97.60°W

jrplmil

I wont be able to make it but my coords are
35.36N
99.40W
only 15 miles from Texas pandhandle

mam1081

Feed Provider
It would be interesting to make up a map of where everyone is. If you're not going to make it, I won't use your lat/long to find the meeting place, but I'll make a map when it's all done with everyone that replied...

Although.... putting a point all the way out in western Oklahoma would help us OKC guys get it closer to home. I want to be fair to the east side of the state though!

Blue dots are people coming. Red are people not coming (so far).
freqscout, I change your lat/long slightly.

Attachments

• OK_Map1.gif
    OK_Map1.gif
    43 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

mam1081

Feed Provider
We could do a frapper map, but frapper always seems to run very slow, and I don't think I could get an lat/long output to get a "true" center if we want a meeting.

Commshrek, would you be interested in a meeting? That determines if you get a blue dot (averaged for the meeting place) or red dot (not averaged).

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
For mapping purposes, I'm near this intersection --> +35° 29' 35.52", -97° 32' 51.00"

I doubt I'd be able to make a weekend though. Would anyone be interested in a late dinner after work on a week-night? Depending on the location we end up with, it might be feasible.

mam1081

Feed Provider
Dstew - please READ THE FORMAT. I know how to convert from dms, but I want to make this as painless as possible for myself.:lol:

Your lat/long in correct format: 35.49°N, 97.55°W

Center so far is just on the County line for Oklahoma and Lincoln county.

Attachments

• ok_meeting.jpg
    ok_meeting.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

KD5WLX

You're map is incomplete - I'm in Mid-town Tulsa (near TU) and I don't see a spot on the map for that one.

CommShrek

KD5WLX said:
You're map is incomplete - I'm in Mid-town Tulsa (near TU) and I don't see a spot on the map for that one.

I didn't see where you posted your coordinates in this thread. Then again, I posted mine but I don't see a spot on the map for me either. Maybe the map didn't update yet? I wish I could zoom in on that map.

mam1081

Feed Provider
I'll put y'all on that map. Please let me know if you're interested in going to a scanner enthusiast dinner/lunch meeting. Otherwise, you'll be a "yellow" dot for "unknown", and not figure in to the averaging that I'm trying to do to find a middle location for everyone.

Commshrek, you're on the map - the yellow dot south of Muskogee.

Once I get most of the locations, I'll post the file (MS Streets & Trips or Delorme SA '05) for anyone/everyone to use/see.

Attachments

• ok_meeting.jpg
    ok_meeting.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

CommShrek

mam1081 said:
Commshrek, you're on the map - the yellow dot south of Muskogee.

Would you recheck your coordinates please? I am closer to Bixby than Checotah. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.