oklahoma statewide trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
hi all is the oklahoma statewide trunked system good on any 800mhz radio or scanner that is motorola compatable?

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
sgtmatt said:
hi all is the oklahoma statewide trunked system good on any 800mhz radio or scanner that is motorola compatable?
The short answer is yes.

Is there something particular you were pondering that prompted such a question?

ridetime

And to add to that question, does anyone have info on rebanding impact if any, and users of the system moving to digital?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
ridetime said:
And to add to that question, does anyone have info on rebanding impact if any, and users of the system moving to digital?

EMSA in the OKC and Tulsa metros use encrypted P25 audio but that's about it. I guess there are some towns with encrypted P25 audio for detectives. I can't imagine that they'll go to a real P25 system for some time.

And rebanding is a myth. :)

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes Oklahoma is all 800 mhz along the I-44 corridor. Now going I-40 you loose Troop A around Weatherford. and all you will hear is low band to the Texas boarder.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
skywatch said:
Now going I-40 you loose Troop A around Weatherford. and all you will hear is low band to the Texas boarder.

We stopped allowing boarders from Texas. Those cheapskates never pay their rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.