OKLAHOMA, TULSA rebanding/trunking issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrmnchckn

Premium Subscriber
Tulsa Oklahoma/Pro 107: My radio was programmed with the software and radio reference a few years ago. I was able to receive TPD/TFD radio frequencies, conventional and trunking. Special tactical channels etc. Everything. Then I noticed in the past few weeks, it was receiving less, mainly just receiving the dispatch channels. I have not been able to get car to car, utility channels, and other operation channels. I know that rebanding has been going on, and updates have been quite frequent for Tulsa County. I was concerened that the may be a defect in the scanner, (power surge etc), my programming structure or that the frequencies are no longer listenable to the public, encrypted. The radio has been fantastic, Have never had trouble programming in the past. Had 10 oklahoma counties and 2 missouri counties programmed w/conventional and trunking with no problems. Basically law, fire, airports, and weather related from Tulsa to Joplin along I 44. If you are having the same issues let me know, if you have a solution or a referal please let me know.
Updated: Software, Firmware, and Library as of FEB262013

peterjmag

Tulsa Police has upgraded to P25 digital with mostly encryption except the main dispatch channels. The old analog dispatch channels are currently patched to the new digital talkgroups and will be taken down when the transition is complete. All car to car and tacticals are now digital and AES encrypted and can no longer be monitored with a scanner just like EMSA. If you want to purchase a digital scanner to monitor the 3 main dispatch channels that is an option but the patch to the old analog talkgroups will be taken down when the transition is complete. Sorry for the bad news. Come to the Oklahoma section of this forum and follow updates on the upgrade over there.

bear780ks

It's sad when they Encrypt so Much were there is a need for it Absolutely but i think the agencies that do this go over the top to stop crime thay they forget that there are good people out there that can help fight but to continue to help they need to be able to here the Traffic.. Ra

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Only TPD is affected, OHP. TCSO among others on the Tulsa site are still good. One think for sure is that cell phone traffic in the area has gotten a little lighter as officers are no longer calling each other to talk about things, they can talk about them on the encrypted channels.

peterjmag

Yeah that is true. I'll bet they are enjoying lower cell phone bills and less Looky Loos and scanner wackers. Since the switch I have notice the media has scrambled more to find out the details of a story then before. For example the potential shooting of 5 people a week ago was false but since they can't monitor car to car or tacs anymore they rely on someone physically coming up to them and telling them that the scene was bogus rather then in real time where the obviously were monitoring a scanner in the past. Good for TPD!

Status
Not open for further replies.