Okmulgee County Sheriff Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusd

Premium Subscriber
Well looks like OCSO is going all the way Digital within the next 18 months, pretty much all the need is the digital repeaters.
They have Digital radios now that they can switch from analog to digital, so as they can talk with OPD, Beggs etc. They will be Trubo so i guess scanners are going to become a thing of the past with the rebanding and law enforcement wanting nobody to listen. Unless somebody makes a scanner that decodes digital this will be the last time i spend hundreds of dollars on a new scanner. I bought a Bc396T, 2 years ago and now looks like the only thing i will be able to listen to is, State owned trunking and TPD.

peterjmag

Where did you hear that OCSO was going turbo? County and City are two different animals that play in the same sand box. You are right the city has gone all turbo but the County does not have plans as far as I know. Also rebanding does not mean that it's the end of scanning just a firmware upgrade in most of today's scanners on the market. BTW, you can still listen to the following...

Okmulgee EMS 155.16
Okmulgee EMA 154.86
Okmulgee Highway Maintenance 151.07
Creek Nation PD 166.275
OHP State 800
OSUPD 151.6475
Beggs FD 154.205

Hope this helps...

rusd

Premium Subscriber
They didn't say trubo, but it is going to be digital as they said nobody makes a scanner that can decode it at this time and that they have most all the radios they need. At this time they was waiting on the repeaters which should be on line with in 18 months max. This came stright out of the S.O., i just happen to be setting in the right place as the conversation was going on.

peterjmag

Yeah then I would say it is turbo like the city is using. All I can say is I hope they develope a digital scanner that will follow turbo but I don't see that happening for awhile. Enjoy the comms you can that are in the clear.

Secret_Squirrel

Nut Protector Extraordinaire
I'm with you PJ. I don't see a scanner coming out soon that will listen to Turbo. I see two positives coming out of this. The first is that hopefully the radio situation will improve for the deputies. Lord knows they've been dealing with the issue for a while now.

The second benefit is that all of the dirt bags in scanner land won't be listening to OCSO any longer. I would gladly give up listening to OCSO if it means the dirt bags of the county can't listen either.

I heard a while back that the county was interested in the city Turbo system. I hope it's an improvement for them. They are going to be running half as much power on that system as they are on the Syntors that are in some of the cars now. I hope they did their homework. The Undersheriff is pretty wise when it comes to radio stuff and I'm sure they'll do fine.

SCPD

QRT
While digging up an old thread, has the county gone digital yet?

Yes they have. They made the switch in the last couple of weeks. They are still keeping their old analog system in place, but everything else has moved to TRBO.:(

SCPD

QRT
I have had limited success using DSD to listen.
1) I was using the Windows version to listen. So if you use the Linux version you may have better luck.
2) I was using an older scanner that wouldn't quite tune to the correct frequency. It would get close but not quite dead on.

Status
Not open for further replies.