Oktibbeha SO and Starkville Police on a Whistler scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

drexel

Does anyone own or knows of a Whistler Scanner that will work on Oktibbeha SO and Starkville Police since they went to a digital system ???

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Anything from the PRO-96 and up, BC-296D etc and up. As for the MSWIN, you will need an scanner that can do P25 Phase II.

bama9999

I think I heard you on a repeater, I believe it was the one in Starkville, the other day talking to someone about this. You, or whoever it was, was talking about being here on RR and Whistler scanners.

I don't know too much about the Whistler scanners, due to not owning one, but the Uniden BCD536HP does a fantastic job on the MSWIN system on both the phase 1 and phase 2 talkgroups.

If the system in Oktibbeha county is the only one you want to listen to, and if it's phase 1 only, then the Radio Shack digital scanners made by Whistler will work, as will the previous Radio Shack digital scanners that were made by GRE. I used to have one of the Radio Shack Pro197's, and a Pro106 which were made by GRE, and they also did a super job on the MSWIN phase 1 TG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.