Okwin analog system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Doesn't surprise me. Site 40 Norman has been gone for a couple weeks. The new p25 site has gotten a lot more traffic lately.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Yes all OKWIN has gone P25 Phase 1. The OKC site at the DPS is the last site to go from what I heard. Analog is no more.
OKC site has not changed. It remains SZ II. $$$$$ is the issue but apparently its been approved by the state for this fiscal year to upgrade. No ETA.

Last edited:

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Is okc pd site 8 going to digital anybody hear anything???

You will need to be more specific and clear on you question. OKC PD is on their own system. They have links to OKWIN SZ II that are still active. The only TG I know of that is linked to OKWIN P25 I is the Santa Fe division for now.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't surprise me. Site 40 Norman has been gone for a couple weeks. The new p25 site has gotten a lot more traffic lately.

And the number for the Norman site changed to 41 I think. I don't know if both physical sites still exist (Sarkeys Energy Center, 108th Ave NE). Trying to catch up on all the changes as I haven't really been playing a lot lately. Need to hook up Unitrunker and let it run, now that I think about it.

n5bew1

Site 41 is on Sarkeys from diving into FCC data. The old site 40 on 108th is toast judging by weak signal strength that site 40 had out there. Site 41's P25 traffic is coming through on my Uniden 796D just fine. Which is good because my SDS200 is going in for repairs due to flickering display.

Curtschmahl49

Premium Subscriber
Will a beartracker BCT8 monitor the type II system? And if it will does anybody have the Clinton site frequencies?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Need to hook up Unitrunker and let it run, now that I think about it.

Welp.

I can decode the control channel on OKWIN Site 41, no problem.

I cannot receive the OKC system clearly enough to decode it. I find this odd because the BCD996P2 and BCD436HP have no issues receiving it. More work needed there.

I am disappointed but not surprised that I cannot receive the Norman system well enough to decode it. This is a simulcast issue, pure and simple - I'm equidistant (roughly) from three of the six sites. Booo. More work needed there, too. Fiddling with directional antennas, perhaps. Ah, well. That's the one I was really interested in Unitrunkering, too.

Worst-case for OKC and Norman is that I can run the 436HP against them and decode the control channel output with Unitrunker ... at least, I think I can do that.

air-scan

I am just wondering if L3Harris is the ones building the OKWIN P25 sites. They are almost done with OKCPD P25 migration. Won't be long until they dismantle the EDACS equipment and start patching over to OKWIN. Probably give it 2 years because of pandemic. 2 years estimate is generous time frame for the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.