OKWIN Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZGX

Does anyone with a better understanding of the OKWIN system know if it will function any better once upgraded to P25?

The system going into Fail mode as of late is getting extremely annoying and creates quite the officer safety issue. Absolutely no reason why a circuit in Tulsa should kill all radios in the OKC metro.

Norman definitely made the right decision bailing.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone with a better understanding of the OKWIN system know if it will function any better once upgraded to P25?

The system going into Fail mode as of late is getting extremely annoying and creates quite the officer safety issue. Absolutely no reason why a circuit in Tulsa should kill all radios in the OKC metro.

Norman definitely made the right decision bailing.

OKWIN OKC sites are currently being upgraded. It will be a few weeks. Expect more outages. I would assume things would work better once upgraded. I know we have lost comms from cut fiber cable in tulsa in the past but obviously not related to the upgrade. We lost comms at least three times during the recent ice storm in OKC. We are mission critical so I would hope the upgrade cuts down on outages.

ZGX

OKWIN OKC sites are currently being upgraded. It will be a few weeks. Expect more outages. I would assume things would work better once upgraded. I know we have lost comms from cut fiber cable in tulsa in the past but obviously not related to the upgrade. We lost comms at least three times during the recent ice storm in OKC. We are mission critical so I would hope the upgrade cuts down on outages.

Let’s hope this is the case. I was hoping we’d follow Norman’s lead in going out on our own with Harris. But alas... here we are. Every time I see Failsoft and the red screen I just want to rip it out of the console and throw it out the window.

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
I'm guessing this is what is going on in Moore right now? I haven't heard them in a couple days on the p25 or the analog site.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing this is what is going on in Moore right now? I haven't heard them in a couple days on the p25 or the analog site.

I am able to hear Moore just fine on both systems using the OKC and norman site.

Status
Not open for further replies.