OKWIN OKC area no reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Has something changed with OKWIN in the OKC area? I am no longer receiving any transmissions on this system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I have the channels programmed. I happen to be about a half mile from a cell tower with lots of equipment mounted to it. I wonder if they've activated something that's covering OKWIN. I'm still picking up OKC fine.

I'm not picking up anything on OKWIN. No OHP, Midwest City, Del City etc.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Well, when I monitor the CC, I get no "gibberish", just static. So the signal strength is pretty much non-existent now. I hope this is just temporary. Cause if I can no longer monitor OKWIN from my house.....[emoji35]

nd5y

Search 851-861 in 12.5 kHz steps and see if you can find a new control channel. It could have changed to one that isn't in the database. If you don't see one then maybe nothing was changed on the system and the problem is on your end.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Search 851-861 in 12.5 kHz steps and see if you can find a new control channel. It could have changed to one that isn't in the database. If you don't see one then maybe nothing was changed on the system and the problem is on your end.

I programmed my 996P2 a couple of weeks ago when I got it using whatever was in my 996XT file, meaning I didn't even update it to what was current in the RR DB ... and I am hearing Site 8 just fine. From Norman. On the telescopic whip. Can hold on the CC (860.9375 as of now). In fact, OHP AR-1 and AM-1 are active on Site 8 as I am typing.

Suggest the OP reload his config into his radio. If that doesn't change things, check your antenna. If the CC can't be heard you'll never hear audio.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I am occasionally picking up traffic but it has LOTS of noise with it. I noticed today that I have a new cell tower about a half mile west of me! I wonder if it's transmissions, along with the tower to my east, is just overwhelming the radio at this location. It works fine once I get away from the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.