OKWIN SW area P25 progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
I heard all that traffic also..... baker peak at one time worked with a mobile at elk city if you was on the interstate not sure if its even working these days worth a damn

Bastrop1

Baker's Peak is having issues, were trying to get it fixed but it's been raining and we can't get to the site now.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
This morning I see Baker's Peak is back online and p25, control channel 860.2625, receiving fairly well from clinton showing 3-4 bars.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Bastrop1 who exactly do you work for? State or private contract?

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
The wave app is how everyone was talking in elk city with that kidnapping going on.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
I can hear Baker Peak - Comanche Co and OHP Troop G and M up here in NW Washita county on I-40 most nights up to about 10 Am. It shows up in the evening around 9 PM. Thats off an inside antenna. I would probably be able to here it all day if i had the outdoor antenna.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
I see that the Mangum site is up and going but have yet to hear any radio traffic on it, i'm guessing that radios haven't been programmed for this site yet?

nd5y

I see that the Mangum site is up and going but have yet to hear any radio traffic on it, i'm guessing that radios haven't been programmed for this site yet?
There is no need to reporgram radios for new (or moved or decommissioned) sites.

It could be on the air but not yet operational. They need to test everything first. It might not be connected to the system controller yet.

When the new site is ready they will set it up in the system controller, the cc will show it is there and the surrounding sites will broadcast it as a neighbor. Then the user radios will find it themselves.

The only time user radio reprogramming is needed is if talkgroups were added or removed for a new or old user. Some systems even have over the air programming so they don't need to touch the user radios. I don't know if OKWIN is like that.

Last edited:

nd5y

Looks like the storms overnight left a band opening. It's stronger than Lawton (which is using the same cc freq) right now.

Unitrunker is showing
Site 1-42
NAC 920
858.7125 Alt cc
859.7125 Pri cc

neighbors
1-09 Geary
1-28 Fletcher
1-30 Walters

Showing traffic on 2761 (Troop G) so it appears to be fully operational right now anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.