old 396T firmware upgrade issue (2..0.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Hello,

Trying to a 396t issue, trying to update a 2.0.0.7 update it has been a while since I have and I am trying to get past the scn file, running windows 7, I know this question been asked before, just need a little direction.. Also it says Scanner is not a option for BC, rewriting is impossible, unplug the cable and re plug, I have done that several times.

Thanks

MarkWestin

Just so we all know what you are trying to do, Is your current Firmware version 2.0.0.7? What version are you trying to update to? When you acquired the Firmware file was it in a Zip format? Are (or were) you able to read or write to the radio using software such as Freescan or Butel's ARC before you tried to upgrade? If so, what Com port is the software set to? What Com port is the Firmware Updater Program set to? Are you using a USB to Serial Adapter? If so, can you see it in the "Devices" section of your computer's Control Panel? Did you install drivers for your cable or USB to Serial Adapter? Do you have any other devices such as a Cell Phone or MP3 player that you connect to your computer that could be interfering with the process?

Mark

dwayne0564

I am upgrading from the 1.20.13 version, nothing else plugged, and it its finding out the right comm port , using usb interface, I think my issue is that when I look at the file downloaded, the only time it sees the download, is the when you change the type of file to the * *. It says windows cannot open the bcd 396t v3.2.02. file. to use this file, windows needs to know, what program to use.

MarkWestin

If you have Firmware v1.20.13 on your scanner, that means that you already have an electronic serial number installed. That is good. You will need to register your scanner to obtain a Key for the "Major Version Upgrade" For instructions see this page:BCD396TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

You need to have the Firmware installer program:http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396TFirmwareUpdate/BC_VUP_v2.0.0.7.zip (which I think you already have) and the latest version of Firmware:http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396TFirmwareUpdate/BCD396T_V3_02_02.zip

Both of these files are in the ZIP format. You will have to open (or "unzip") the archived files to a known location on your computer, such as your desktop. You have to run the Firmware installer (BC_VUP.exe), select "Guided" mode, Read the "Guidance", Select the Com port to use, Select the Firmware file (*.SCN file) and go from there. I can't think of any reason to upgrade to anything other than the latest version of Firmware.

Mark

dwayne0564

got both of those, but something interesting, it recognizes the comm usb port, for the scanner but when you look on the computer icon, the scanner is not there, keep getting the BC does not recognize it, and to re plug, (which I have done and re plug)

Status
Not open for further replies.