Old 800 mhz T/A channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoguy58

Has anybody heard any use of the old analog 800 mhz T/A channels the state used to use. I used to hear them from the plane to ground units on stretches of interstate catching speeders. Haven't heard the plane in several years. Might not even be in use now do to budget cuts. But I am just curious if those old analog t/a channels are still in the state radios or are ever being used. I wonder if any of the low power 700 mhz interop channels are used in the state. Been monitoring but have never heard anything on them.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The rebanded I call I tacs are in all the radios as are the 700 ones not all low power either

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Tim-B

I haven't heard much of the air support speed details since Mike Foster left office as governor. They did those very ofter under his admininstration. I used to hear them on "TA-LSP" which was 867.4625 MHz but that frequency I think was subject to rebanding. I used to hear some pretty candid conversations between troopers travelling on the hwy and using it as a short range talk channel when they thought no one could hear them. I have had that frequency in multiple scanners since back then but I haven't heard a peep on it since before rebanding.

nd5y

I used to hear them on "TA-LSP" which was 867.4625 MHz but that frequency I think was subject to rebanding.
If all they did was reband with no other changes the rebanded frequency would be 852.4625 (moved 15 MHz lower).

Last edited:

Tim-B

Awesome, thanks. I will add that one in to the scan lists where I have various conventional public safety backup and interop stuff.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I would list it p25 and analog just in case

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Tim-B

If anyone is interested the other TA used by the state was 867.4875 which if they still use it the frequency under rebanding would be 852.4875. I believe this was a simplex TA available to all state agencies.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
The LSP T/A channel is still in use. It will be used for communication on a crash scene when they are doing a reconstruction and diagramming a scene. They will also use it for the motorcycles to talk to one another when traveling across the state to say a funeral or something. It may have other uses but this is when I have heard it used.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.