Old Bayer property in West haven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKENY044

Does anyone know if Yale is utilizing that propert at all? The database is showing a Motorola smartnet system in place.

I know the university is switching to an LTR system (or has for that matter).

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
cougarct06512 said:
Does anyone know if Yale is utilizing that propert at all? The database is showing a Motorola smartnet system in place.

I know the university is switching to an LTR system (or has for that matter).

Yale will be utilizing the old Bayer property in the near future. I beleive they purchased the property already and their security and police departments will be covering the area. Fier protection will be provided by West Shore FD as primary, like before.

As for the LTR system, Yale U is utilizing the new system but I think the fire marshal and the PD are not using it yet and its only over in New Haven, not in West Haven that I know of. This I will have to get better information on. Bayer did have there own radio system on the property when they were still located there but I do not beleive Yale is using that system.

KB1JHU

The license for the old 900 Bayer Moto system was transferred to Yale. As of right now the only activity I have heard is conventional stuff.
939.6750 PL 206.5
939.1375 PL 186.2

As for the UHF LTR system, I have yet to hear any activity. I think mostly because it seems that Yale and Marcus had a pissing match over frequencies. Read the attachments to the license here.

For those interested, here is the info for said Marcus system:
461.6125 - LCN 01
461.6875 - LCN 02
463.2625 - LCN 03
463.3375 - LCN 04
463.8125 - LCN 05

Edit: forgot to add that I have not heard any voice traffic on the Marcus system, just the LTR bursts.

Last edited:

GKENY044

thanks for the responses.

I wasn't expecting any, not many people listen to either place.

I was messing with the West Haven Freq's and programed them as the MO system as the database had, I'll try the conventional. I wasn't even sure if Yale was even doing anything there as of yet.

The Marcus system you listed, do you know what that is utilized for?.

As far as the LTR system goes at the UNIV. I'm still in the newbie phase of programing that so, I'm still trying to figure out LCN etc. I'll keep trying. Yale has a ton of freq's to figure out (most are maintaince).

Last edited:

KB1JHU

cougarct06512 said:
The Marcus system you listed, do you know what that is utilized for?.

I am not sure if there are any users on it yet. I have not heard anything other than the LTR bursts. It will most likely be used by transportation services, fuel delivery, and other such businesses, just like most other systems you can lease space on. There isn't usually much interesting traffic on those sorts of systems. There is the occasional exception when a municipality or a private ambulance service will use part of a system. I know there are a few private ambulance services on some of Marcus' stuff, mostly the Passport systems though.

mysticaly4u

Yale U is using the property, for small things at this time, also our security is partially there. Chief Francisco Ortiz is leaving new haven and begin managing up there in April 11, 2008, and we were told we will be utilizing bayer trunk system @ the University

Status
Not open for further replies.