Old Bearcat frequency scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious2

Hello, Everyone

I am a newbie to this forum, and I am really trying to get infor for a relative that owns a 12 year old bearcat (legal). Looking for codes or numbers that would have been used in IL 12 years ago. Pref mobile codes. Or can someone direct to a free web site for the info.

Waiting for response.

Curious2

BCFlash

I don't understand what you are looking for, could you clarify? Are you looking for 10 codes or Signal codes that were used by dispatchers and mobile units or the actual old radio frequencies? If the radio he owns has not been used for awhile then it probably still has frequencies programmed in it. They may or may not still be in use depending on the area of IL he is in. This site has current frequencies listed in the Database section.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like he may have an old BC60xlt and is looking for conventional frequencies for Illnois. Which part of Illinois are you looking for?

Curious2

Thanks BCFlash and Yes,GROCKSHD it is a BC60xlt. It would be for the telephone frequencies for a cell phone in the Chicago(Cook County)area ....Thanks again.

BCFlash

The short answer is that you can't monitor cell phones with that radio, it doesn't have the right freq. bands and almost all cell phone traffic in an area like Chicago is digital and that is an analog scanner. It is also not permitted to monitor those calls in the USA and newer scanners have cell phone bands blocked out.

Curious2

Yes, BCFlash I understand that the scanner he has cannot monitor cell activity traffic and that some cells block out info..but for the sake of my in-laws research is there a website or list that he could see the actual codes that was used 12 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.