Old Bridge NJ TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Stop the press folks! :) Please be advised, take notice, and update radios, scanners, other toys associated with scanning, etc. that the Old Bridge Trunked Radio System is now re-banding compliant. All trunked radio freq's have moved down the 15 MHz at this time as part of the "re-banded" process. The PSR 500 is tracking this system with no problems; unknown about older scanners at this time. If anyone out there would like to field-test this and see if they work still on older Trunked scanner models, now would be a great time to. It appears that the talk-group #'s are still the same at this time. I do not know exactly when the switch was made, except that I believe it was sometime today.

namtrah

My BC895XLT still works and my bc246T works too.I did update my firmware on the bc246T just incase.

Tsch6373

I noticed that on Wednesday evening it was normal and then after midnight, l couldn't get the control channel. l just got the XT, but i'd been monitoring on the 'T', don't have the XT programmed yet.

ansky

Old Bridge puts out a pretty strong signal. I can pick up the control channel loud and clear from my house in West Orange. On the contrary, I can't pick up anything from the nearby East Brunswick TRS.

CompuDoc

In seeing that Old Bridge is analog I just programmed my 246T for the contol frequencies in and set it for ID search and heard the dispatch TG. Here is the kicker. I have not yet upgraded the firmware for the rebanding. The firmware is version 2.10 and the rebanded version is 2.60 so my question is why does it work?

W2SJW

Database Admin
In seeing that Old Bridge is analog I just programmed my 246T for the control frequencies in and set it for ID search and heard the dispatch TG. Here is the kicker. I have not yet upgraded the firmware for the rebanding. The firmware is version 2.10 and the rebanded version is 2.60 so my question is why does it work?

I believe that because the entire system was above 866 before rebanding, you do not need the custom tables\firmware update. Systems like Atlantic City that had some of the frequencies above 860 & most below are the ones that need them (pushing all the channels down 15 MHz allows the channel tables to still apply in default format - I could be wrong, but I think that's what I was told).

I still can't hear Old Bridge out here in Branchburg. All the other 800 MHz systems that rebanded got stronger out here when the process was done...

GM

Premium Subscriber
So I was listening to a working fire call earlier on Old Bridge Fire (CQ Fire Tac) and units were instructed to go to "Fireground 2." An extensive listening search revealed nothing on the TRS. These are the channels that I've been trying to capture for the past few years; I'm thinking that it's the freq's that are registered to them, and are as follows:

852.06250; 852.16250; 852.58750; 853.20000; 853.98750

Any intel on this would be most appreciative.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Normally, Old Bridge TRS can't be received further south than the Red Bank area. The signal is very finite as you go south from there. Going North, it's a different ball game. Yet, I know of a friend that lives in East Brunswick, and he has trouble picking up the CC on his Pro-96 sometimes!

elk2370bruce

Normally, Old Bridge TRS can't be received further south than the Red Bank area. The signal is very finite as you go south from there. Going North, it's a different ball game. Yet, I know of a friend that lives in East Brunswick, and he has trouble picking up the CC on his Pro-96 sometimes!

True! I live in the general area (within 15miles) and can't usually hear OB in either my GRE500 or Pro96. It is a screwy coverage pattern to be sure. Before rebanding, there was a similar problem with South Brunswick's EDACS system that completely went away after they made their shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.