Old Conrail Pd 160-680

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW1NY3478

does anyone have the CSX and NORFOLK SOUTHERN PD radio freq???

back in the day 160.680 was the old conrail pd with a great strong siginal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art112

conrail 160.68.

These channels are still used in the northern nj area. Police are still dispatched on these channels. However, The dispatcher ( Norfolk Southern) is now in Roanoke Virginia. The officers that I occasionally work with talk car to car via cell phone. Anything that is really involved is handled by cell phone.

Art

SCANdal

Silent Key
One of the reasons why I never got into railscanning...

Gentlemen,

Correct me if I am wrong please:

If I am understanding the posts above correctly, 160.680 is used by both the ConRail Police and Norfolk Southern Railroad Police.

My records show 160.560 has being used by Canadian Pacific (old Delaware and Hudson) rail lines as their Shop channel.

SCANdal

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi guys,

I have 160.560 as Conrail PD but haven't heard anything here in CNJ, but 160.680 is a fairly active yard channel.

Art112

Norfolk Southern Officers are ex-conrail P.D. Officers. Conrail technically still exists as a "paper" railroad (conrail Shared Assests) controlled by both Norf. Sou. and CSX. In fact two Norfolk Southern Officers that are usually assigned to Northern NJ (Lehigh Line) both told me that they were originally employed by Lehigh Valley and the Penn Central railroads. Since Norfolk Southern absorbed the conrail police dept. they have become greatly understaffed.

art

Status
Not open for further replies.