• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Old FCC CB License?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWarrior

Thanks,I think I'm blushing. Glad to help out.

I don't want to make another thread over this question.

Is there anyone out there,that can help me find the wiring,for a super sidekick to a 980SSB?

I'm about to go postal on this mike

Last edited:

w0fg

I was KNH-8207 back in the mid 60s. My boss was KGI-4997. I have no idea what ever happened to my paper license, or what happened to him for that matter!

handsomeone

CB License

I was KNH-8207 back in the mid 60s. My boss was KGI-4997. I have no idea what ever happened to my paper license, or what happened to him for that matter!

I have my original Citizens Radio Station Licence from Effective 08-22-75 Expiration 08-22-80
and a Clean , never filled out, Application For Station License in The CB or R/C Service
Form Approved GAO No.B-180227 (R0102)

Don't know why i kept it ? But nice to have :)

TheSpaceMann

I have my original Citizens Radio Station Licence from Effective 08-22-75 Expiration 08-22-80
and a Clean , never filled out, Application For Station License in The CB or R/C Service
Form Approved GAO No.B-180227 (R0102)

Don't know why i kept it ? But nice to have :)
Nice! Would be interesting to see that old application! :)

brucewarming

CB

OK, Very old thread, But being I just renewed my licence I got thinking on this. My father had a CB call sign KPF0899 I then got one for myself, But, I remember his but not mine.. It was a class D if I'm not mistaken?

TheSpaceMann

OK, Very old thread, But being I just renewed my licence I got thinking on this. My father had a CB call sign KPF0899 I then got one for myself, But, I remember his but not mine.. It was a class D if I'm not mistaken?
It sounds like a CB Call sign from the mid to late '60s.

K7MH

Premium Subscriber
Yes! The first CB call signs issued began with a number.

They had to stop using that format as the callsign blocks were not allocated to the USA. I guess the FCC had not given that much thought. Too funny!

TheSpaceMann

They had to stop using that format as the callsign blocks were not allocated to the USA. I guess the FCC had not given that much thought. Too funny!
Yeah, and they also put CB on 11 meters without giving it much thought! They forgot about skip!!! ;)

JPSan

18QA0548

Early 60's .....Chicago southern suburbs....18QA0548....

Started with International Crystal tube base station with matching meter / speaker. Base antenna was a Mark products 28 foot vertical that looked like a Phelps Dodge Super Station Master, weighed a lot and worked like gang busters. It was mounted alongside of ou r2 story apartment building on well casing pipe from a ground mounted plate to above the peak of the roof. Back then "shooting skip" was very taboo. But that "stock ICM Executive received many long distance "inquiries". Received one warning letter from the FCC in 63.

Also had a similiar ICM Executive as a mobile. !02" stainless steel whip on a Motorola Ball mount and spring.

Attachments

• 002.jpeg
    002.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 313
  • international_crystal_speaker_s_meter_3.jpeg
    international_crystal_speaker_s_meter_3.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Old CB Radio License

I still have mine, issued in 1974.

Attachments

• 1974-cb-radio-license.jpg
    1974-cb-radio-license.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 312

N6IQ

CB callsign

I got a CB license in the early 1970s. My assigned call was KGV2001. I did not use it a lot. Most of us in the area I resided used nicknames. Mine was WITCH DOCTOR. When we had lots sunspots the activity was wild. Never used an amplifier but knew people who did.

I still monitor CHANNEL 9 on occasion on the holiday weekends.

73 de DOC N6IQ

kt4qd

Funny stuff. I recall I had to get a radio license back in 1973 when I started flying. What that accomplished for the public good escapes me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

Does the FCC ever recycle those old callsigns like KAB1234 etc? I looked my old one up and it has never been reassigned to anything. Maybe I could get a vanity license for GMRS and bring it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.