Old ICOM Hand Held Value ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenie

Hi,

I have an older model hand held scanner. It is packed away so I don't have the model number. I bought it used several years ago. It is unblocked for cell freqs. but it was made before they went digital. Is it worth anything or is it just obsolete junk?

Thanks

bkantor

Depends on the model - dig it out and do a search on completed auctions on eBay. For instance, if it is the old popular R1 (I have 2 of them - great scanners, built like a brick, well, you know!), someone has one for sale for $110. I can't find any that recently sold, but there is always interest in non RS, GRE or Uniden radios. If you want to sell, you can even offer on here.
Best of luck,
Bob

Greenie

Thanks bkantor,

I dug it out and it is an IC-R1. I had checked eBay and they only had newer models. It is complete and is in great shape as I really just bought it because they started blocking. I've never tried scanning cells. I just don't like government restrictions. Then cells went digital. I have older scanners and the newer ones that are more complicated than what I need as I listen to mostly police bands. I like my Bear Trackers for that. The trunked ones I have seem like a real chore. I have a Uniden 396, but I guess I'll keep this one, too since it is a good unit. I can't sell here because I don't have enough posts. I mostly just check out the info here. Great site.

Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.