OLD SAFE-T Discussion Threads (2005-2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingmaker

I was wondering if anyone was IN THE KNOW or just had an opinion, is all the State Parks going to get there own talkgroups, like prophetstown, etc.. Thanks LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Dispatch2323

I heard Johnson County advise units today to keep all radio traffic on Dispatch during radio reprogramming. Are they sill re-banding?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I was looking through the public safety microwave licenses on the FCC Database, and I see that a lot of the SAFE-T tower sites are upgrading their equipment. Mostly going from 64 to 128 digital pathways on each transmitter in the 6 GHz band. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future, and if new dishes start showing up on the towers.

73's

Ron

wingmaker

I heard Johnson County advise units today to keep all radio traffic on Dispatch during radio reprogramming. Are they sill re-banding?

I would say it had to do with, the 2nd Touch.

I was looking through the public safety microwave licenses on the FCC Database, and I see that a lot of the SAFE-T tower sites are upgrading their equipment. Mostly going from 64 to 128 digital pathways on each transmitter in the 6 GHz band. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future, and if new dishes start showing up on the towers.

What exactly is the digital pathways about, and did you see if it was seeming like all sites will have this done? I would say doubling capacity, but I would like to more about it. LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I was wondering if anyone was IN THE KNOW or just had an opinion, is all the State Parks going to get there own talkgroups, like prophetstown, etc.. Thanks LOVE AND BLESSINGS

It appears that way. Some parks seem to be sharing talkgroups as well. I have recently been hearing Clifty Falls on the Versailles State Park talkgroup. If you live near a State Park, please search around. Chances are you will find a new talkgroup.

wingmaker

It appears that way. Some parks seem to be sharing talkgroups as well. I have recently been hearing Clifty Falls on the Versailles State Park talkgroup. If you live near a State Park, please search around. Chances are you will find a new talkgroup.

Cool Thanks, anyone else have any opinions or if you know about my Question? I was wondering because I heard alot of different parks on TG 1024, and it could be in use by other parks when one park is talking to eachother, in other words it would be in use when they need to use it. That is why I was Hoping and thinking that all State Parks will get there own TG. LOVE AND BLESSINGS

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Have had two sites in District 34 switch control channels recently:
French Lick (Orange County)
Shoals (Martin County)

The former ACC's are now the PCC's and vice-versa.

Don't know if this is a localized issue, but it does pay to step through control channels every once in a while to confirm they are still correct (especially if you are using a CC-only setup on your scanner).

Also, that button labeled "SEARCH" should be used on a routine basis as well...

earlenehughes

I am listening for INDOT Crawfordsville sub talk groups 8464, 8480, 8496, 8512, 8528 on the West Lafayette transmitter. Do I need to select a different transmitter site for those talk groups? If so, which transmitter site do I need to select? Thank you.

KD9AYZ

Lake County IN Area

Hi, I am new to this thread and am having a hard time finding help to my solution. I have a PRO-164, and am programming it using ARC300. I used the RadioReference Import feature in ARC300 to program the scanner automatically. I have all the Lake County Simulcast Control channels entered into my system, and I am getting the noise on the Control channel 853.37500 however once I put it in scan I cant pick up any transmissions. The small Trunk icon at the top of my display is flashing however when a transmission comes through the Talk Group ID shows up but the screen just flickers and I hear the Control noise flickering along with the flashing of the screen. I have deleted it and re programmed it 4 times now and I get the same result everytime. Does anyone know how to fix it? Its not just with one Talk Group ID, so far I have seen it with at least 4 of them.

Thanks

jamesa53

If you are listening to IN Project SAFE-T system most talkgroups are digital and you have an analog-only scanner

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I am listening for INDOT Crawfordsville sub talk groups 8464, 8480, 8496, 8512, 8528 on the West Lafayette transmitter. Do I need to select a different transmitter site for those talk groups? If so, which transmitter site do I need to select? Thank you.

They should be on that site, but you may also want the Crawfordsville site.

Here's a link to show the area of coverage for INDOT Crawfordsville sub:
INDOT: Welcome to the Crawfordsville District

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Re: Treport log

I have Treport running, watching Anderson site for hits on some unknown tgs. Looking at the log fire, I see lines that don't look right. But what do I know.

"Log Marker: Date= 121512; System ID=7829; "Site=0700120,31,32,02,13,18"

"Log Marker: Date= 121512; System ID=7829; Site=3200113.18,17,20,31,02"

These lines are repeated meny times. The data beyond the first 2 site numbers varies in each line. Question is, whats with Site 07. Don't know of any site 07 anywhere near Anderson.An anomaly of Treport maybe.

wingmaker

Hi, I am new to this thread and am having a hard time finding help to my solution. I have a PRO-164, and am programming it using ARC300. I used the RadioReference Import feature in ARC300 to program the scanner automatically. I have all the Lake County Simulcast Control channels entered into my system, and I am getting the noise on the Control channel 853.37500 however once I put it in scan I cant pick up any transmissions. The small Trunk icon at the top of my display is flashing however when a transmission comes through the Talk Group ID shows up but the screen just flickers and I hear the Control noise flickering along with the flashing of the screen. I have deleted it and re programmed it 4 times now and I get the same result everytime. Does anyone know how to fix it? Its not just with one Talk Group ID, so far I have seen it with at least 4 of them.

Thanks

You need to set the Rebanded tables, and also you can only listen to analog, like I do off that tower with my psr 310, I can listen to INDOT, State Parks, etc.. You will need a Digital Scanner for the rest. LOVE AND BLESSINGS

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Correct, you will need to set the rebanded tables, and can only hear the very little analog traffic on the SAFE-T: IDOC, INDOT, IDEM Dispatch, very little DNR, and DHS analog. ISP, and the magority of everyone else on SAFE-T is digital. Digital transmissions on an analog scanner sound almost like control chan noise, but is not constant like the actual CC data stream. Its also been called the digital "growl".

Now for the original reason I was jumping on the thread lol... Has anyone heard a specific TG for the WRSP (White River State Park) yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.