Old scanner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
Looking for some help with an older scanner. I use a 436 and 536 but I’m currentply trying to reprogam a buddies 396Xt. My area in memphis TN uses an Motorola apco system. I am having two issues when I program it as a MA25 system it doesn’t work. If I list it as a 800mhz system it works but the channels are coming across other frequencies. For example the scanner shows MEMPHIS Fire but MEMPHIS police are coming across the radio. I thought it might be a control channel issue but they all appear to be correct. Any suggestions , I am using arc pro programming. I use sentinel on my 436 and it’s easy but I’m struggling with this. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
When you 'see' Memphis Fire, but are hearing Memphis PD, is the actually talkgroup tagged as Fire, but you are hearing PD? Or, is the group labeled as Memphis Fire, but the talkgroup itself is labeled as the PD?

This should not be a control channel issue. It's programming. Take a good look at your programming file in ARC-XT, and see if some TGIDs from different departments are co-mingled there.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If the scanner displays ID SEARCH, switch to ID SCAN by pressing the FUNCTION button followed by the SCAN button. I have ARC-XT. If you attach your programming files, I will check them for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.