Old shack new radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez_uk

It's been a while since I last posted pics of my shack. The new radio is a yaesu ft-920 (with fm board, Am filter and high stability osc board).

The icom 706 will be going into my vehicle when I buy it in a month or two.

shack_2.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic its hard to take a picture infront of the rigs as it's in a very small room.
shack_1.jpg

Heres a quick pic of my telescopic mast/tripod I use portable.
mast_1.jpg

whole.jpg

Any questions please ask.

W8OSP

Nice setup!! What antenna are ya using for HF bands? Get ya a RigBlaster and come work the digital stuff with me. 73

fez_uk

I use a homebrew fan dipole (20 and 40m legs at the moment) in a inverted V config. Not in the best direction setup but it's the best I can do at the moment.

I already have a ptt lead for digital stuff, Have been playing about with it.

1uploaddipole.jpg

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Love That 920!

Nice set up! I always wanted a 920. Great use of a corner space! I would recomend some kind of laminate or formica top on that wood top though!

Manny

fez_uk

No mouse at the time of the pic the PC was playing up so wasnt in use.

The radio under the desk is a puxing 777.

mkh

Congrats on the FT-920. I'm currently looking for one to purchase but they are a little hard to find. It seems that almost everyone that has one likes it too much to sell. And those that have sold it soon regret selling it.

CanesFan95

Let's See If I Can Help With That One Photo...

Sorry for the bad pic its hard to take a picture infront of the rigs as it's in a very small room.
shack_1.jpg

Actually, the reason it came out a little blurry is because your shutter speed is only 1/2 and you're most likely shooting handheld. Try taking the shot by setting the camera down on something (a shelf, a chair, a stack of books, a box, etc.) and use the camera's self-timer to snap the photo.

That'll eliminate any jitters from your hands which makes it come out blurry. Also, if your Kodak LS743 camera has a macro button (usually a small flower on/next to it), experiment with it. Macro buttons allow the camera to focus better at closer objects.

One other thing you can do that will help slightly is to add some sharpening with editing software like so:

shack1of6.jpg

fez_uk

ok, But you aint seen the size of the room. The camera was on the back wall.

thanks for the tips, At the time of the pic I couldnt do with faffing about too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.