Old Tacoma Analog System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBMTS

Old Tacoma / Puyallup System

Hello South Sound members
Can anyone tell me if the old system in Tacoma / Puyallup is still being used for any services? I am not able to monitor it from Redmond. With most (perhaps all) of the public safety users moving to the SS911 and PSRS systems, I'm wondering if it is time to deprecate the Tacoma system. I originally was keeping the system active in case it might be used as a backup.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone in the Pierce County area can tell me if the system is still in use and what TG's might still be active - or if the system is silent and time to put the listing out to pasture.

Thanks much.

Last edited:

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm too far out and never even got a control channel on either system. Most likely there is cross-patch ongoing.

78turbo

I have this system programmed, and it is still very active. I would say that at least 90% of the talk groups listed are still in use. Common ones I hear are:

Bonny Lake 45712
Puyallup 336, 400, 432
Sumner 46096
Tacoma Fire All TG
Tacoma PD 52176, 52304, 52592, 52624
Lakewood PD 1040

RBMTS

Thanks for the info. We'll keep the system active. Much appreciated!

jparks29

John McClane
I have this system programmed, and it is still very active. I would say that at least 90% of the talk groups listed are still in use. Common ones I hear are:

Bonny Lake 45712
Puyallup 336, 400, 432
Sumner 46096
Tacoma Fire All TG
Tacoma PD 52176, 52304, 52592, 52624
Lakewood PD 1040

Site 1 is all but dead.. Site 2 carries puyallup on occasion but dead otherwise..

What site are you monitoring to get this?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Tacoma

The last time I was up there I spent several hours downtown. I had a PSR-310 running monitoring this old analog system; it was quiet with the possible exception of Bonney Lake. However I had no problem picking up (Tacoma PD) traffic from the Type II system using a 996P2. If not able to pick up Tacoma PD while sitting next to the County-City building, I consider this system to be effectively dead.

78turbo

Site 1 is all but dead.. Site 2 carries Puyallup on occasion but dead otherwise..

What site are you monitoring to get this?

I hear TPD, TFD, and Lakewood on Site 1. I hear Puyallup, Sumner, Bonney Lake on Site 2.
So maybe you can consider them dead since the do not carry 500+ calls an hour, but it is still active to those of us who monitor the small towns we live in/near.

jparks29

John McClane
I monitored site 1 for hours last night... all I got was BSI and a couple radio checks (page)

I monitored site 2 for hours this morning, nothing but Puyallup and Sumner.....

Status
Not open for further replies.