Old Tappan NJ channel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the freq. for Old Tappan NJ which they call digital?

Is it digital or encrypted or both?

This is not the same channel as River Vale or Closter.

Probably inversion scrambling. I'm thinking when you say Closter you mean Westwood who is on 154.9500 023 as their F9. I have a few private channels from that area that I hear chatter on from time to time. Only thing to do is search 150-158 mhz band or sit in Old Tappan next time you are there with closecall. I highly doubt they are using APCO25 or encyrption. Most of those towns have CDM1250s and HT1250s or Kenwood TK790s. Don't know of many with Motorola XTL2500 digital capable radios.

Last edited:

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
RR is wrong Westwood PD ch is 154.950 dpl and they dont have a 151. 985 or whatever as ch 2
Old Tappan ch 7 was or maybe now by the first post is in another position is 154.9500
OT ch 2 was Closter area 155.430 which they still have along with Orangetown position 8? or was
but to answer the first post yes they have a new set up new radios but no body here knows it yet

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
That's right Old Tappan just built a new Police Headquarters. Rivervale still is dispatching them as far as I know. You are correct about 151.4900 D664 that is supposed to be Hillsdale PD 2 not Westwood PD 2.

radiomanNJ1

It is listed as digital in their station. As many of you scannerists know the cops are not the best place to get correct info.

XTS &XTL 2500's have the ability to do ADP and with the proper module DES XL or DES OFB. This is coming to a location near you btw.

They would have to buy an APCO 25 repeater or base made by several companies not just Motorola before they could use digital APCO 25. Some radio shops are doing their best to sell Motortrbo to public safety as a cheap way to hide. The shops are desperate in these econonmic times to sell anything.

There is also the NXDN brand of digital not popular in this area but in some parts of the country they have bought into it.

And then of course you have the drop in aftermarket modules or simple voice inversion like River Vale has.

It's all part of the Northern New Jersey lack of interoperability with unlicensed channels and no cooperation.

Probably inversion scrambling. I'm thinking when you say Closter you mean Westwood who is on 154.9500 023 as their F9. I have a few private channels from that area that I hear chatter on from time to time. Only thing to do is search 150-158 mhz band or sit in Old Tappan next time you are there with closecall. I highly doubt they are using APCO25 or encyrption. Most of those towns have CDM1250s and HT1250s or Kenwood TK790s. Don't know of many with Motorola XTL2500 digital capable radios.

jaymatt1978

Westwood DOES HAVE 151.4900 I know someone who lives in Westwood hear it/ Also the Old Tappan radio line up ischanging so 154.9500 is available but I don't know what CHANNEL IT IS

RR is wrong Westwood PD ch is 154.950 dpl and they dont have a 151. 985 or whatever as ch 2
Old Tappan ch 7 was or maybe now by the first post is in another position is 154.9500
OT ch 2 was Closter area 155.430 which they still have along with Orangetown position 8? or was
but to answer the first post yes they have a new set up new radios but no body here knows it yet

radiomanNJ1

I love how this thread changed. Jayson, radio waves do not stop at the tiny borough borders you can hear many towns/boroughs in N. Bergen. That however has nothing to do with the thread. I am looking for some one who might monitor Old Tappan and try to capture their "digital" channel. Again I don't know if it is digital, encrypted or anything just that in their HQ. it is listed as digital.

jaymatt1978

First of all my name is JUSTIN. Secondly why are you getting so hostile?? All I did was confirm that the Old Tappan lineup you're being a complete idiot!

I love how this thread changed. Jayson, radio waves do not stop at the tiny borough borders you can hear many towns/boroughs in N. Bergen. That however has nothing to do with the thread. I am looking for some one who might monitor Old Tappan and try to capture their "digital" channel. Again I don't know if it is digital, encrypted or anything just that in their HQ. it is listed as digital.

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
Back to the purpose of the thread. Upon further examination of the RR Database under Old Tappans callsign it shows under the emissions designator 8K10F1E which is from what I can decode is for digital modulation for all 3 of their frequencies. I would check the input frequency to 155.1900 as a possibility or 155.1900 in APCO25 mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.