Old TDOT Nashville dist help truck freq active

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxwarn285

I thought all help truck analog channels were abandoned now, for the last 10 minutes been hearing them respond code 3 to MVA on 840.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Not fully abandoned yet. Unlike THP they have not pulled all the radios yet.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

wxwarn285

Their conversations are hilarious at times, very informative also. They're basically repeating their dispatches on there from the p2 side which helps the people that don't have a phase 2 scanner yet like myself. It seems its only 2nd shift that uses it.

wxwarn285

Nashville help truck digital currently patched to 156.105

Listening to 156.105 Germantown Repeater and they patched in help truck TG, working an incident.

motoapco25

Premium Subscriber
That`s a Informal TA that Dispatch cant hear now the cats out we wont use it

The TCAN side of HELP is going ADP soon anyway

due to HIPPA info on Wreck Victims and the Media

we have 2 channels that`s not in the Database

wxwarn285

The traffic I heard shouldn't have been said on a clear channel anyway. In my opinion very unprofessional comms, I even heard someone cuss on it. And TMC could hear it despite what that one person told you "turned down" they heard, so the cat was out of the bag before I posted anything about it.

Last edited:

ButchGone

HIPPA doesn't really mean much regarding two-way radio traffic. Its about medical records, and continues to be used as an excuse to block public access to public. Yes, discretion should always be used when on the air, but unless you give a person's name and very specific medical record information about them, then there is no issue.
BG..

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Disagree with you on your interpretation of HIPAA. Federal law is very specific that medical information and personally identifiable information not be disclosed without the patient's consent. Everything we send one way or another related to a particular medical situation has to be both limited in scope and encrypted. So EMS has moved to encryption and cell phone to relay medical information. HIPAA is first nature to me living it everyday. I am not a proponent of encryption but for EMS patient broadcasts it is essential.

The other side, i.e. an accident report or criminal takedown is not HIPAA related and in fact is public record. Most try to limit disclosure of accident victims especially fatalities until NOK notified. But such is usually regulated at the local/state level unlike HIPAA.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
HIPAA only applies when you discuss medical history details or full treatment. The use of encryption with in route patient reports is lawyers being extra zealous in advice and mighty funny that none of this applies to the VA Er lol they use SSN and initials on all patients to verify eligibility. And as is stated does not apply to lea or heats giving accident and basic victim status.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
We are off topic so lets mutually agree to disagree and wrap it up. Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.