old technolgy

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadabbado

some one on this site once told me its old out dated i agree some what .but occasionally at night an right now pasco county has radio issues 800 analog trs system. after some transmissions it produces a series of beeps a different different pitch than the beeps of of the past when the 800 edacs systems came out had a friend back rhen who put in a g wiz board in my rs 2042. 996t is picking up the beeps till they do the repairs. but my old teck is still working no beeps. no trunking but no beeps i keep all my old teck when it comes to radios such as scanners

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I'm having a hard time understanding you, but I think you're talking about hearing several short beeps after transmissions.

Just because you're hearing them on your scanner doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the system itself. Scanners work great but they're not made as well as actual radios. I'm willing to bet that the system users don't have the same issues.

These beeps occur on a voice frequency after every transmission. At the end of the transmission your scanner should move off of the voice frequency and back to the control channel before the beeps start. But obviously that's not happening in your case.

Poor reception may cause this because it cannot monitor the control channel properly. According to another thread on here even if your reception is great, the scanner may be overloaded. Perhaps turning on the attenuator may help. Or, the scanner may not be programmed correctly. Also I've found this to be common in older scanners.

I monitor Pasco from both Clearwater and Tampa areas daily and I haven't had the same symptoms you're having.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
The purpose of the old G whiz card was to eliminate the beeps after the conclusion of voice traffic on an EDACS system repeater, creating an artificial "closed squelch" condition which allowed the scanner to resume scanning more quickly. It predates the first scanners that could actually track a conversation on an EDACS system.

Please try to write your comments with more care. It is difficult to understand you the way you wrote it. Try reading it back to yourself and ask if it's really clear and easy to understand before hitting the reply button.

Status
Not open for further replies.