Old Time Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanman91

Has anyone ever heard some old time radio or know of any brodcast of old time radio on the shortwave bands? im talking about the old radio shows like the lone ranger or the shadow or dick tracy, anything of that genre?

CLynch7

I think WWCR has used some old shows as time filler, but not usually the whole show, and not with any predictability. I don't know of any others that do. I miss when WSAI 1530 AM used to play stuff like that at night.

bkantor

The best source for old time radio these days is either Sirius/XM Satellite (one channel) or dozens of channels via Internet Radio. I bought one of those Internet clock radios that connect to my wireless network and have programmed at least 10 stations as presets - some specialize in crime dramas, other in horror, etc. Although I am too young to have heard them originally, I am totally hooked on listening to them now (especially Gunsmoke, Dragnet, Box 13, Phillip Marlowe, Broadway is my Beat, etc!!). Take a look at Reciva.com, that is where I set up my feed.

Ref-Jazzy

On my home computer I have a link to an open directory on the internet that has 100's of those old radios shows in MP3 format. When I get home I will post it.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I collect antique radios, and I've been wanting to build an AM modulator to transmit through the house so the old receivers have something appropriate to listen to. What's been lacking is a decent souce of program material. Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check it out.

SCPD

QRT
More: OTR Downloads Faster than archive.org.

Go here also: Antique Radio Forums :: Index Nice folks and I've been able to fix every radio I've got. I've gotten so much help there I can't begin to list it all.

Here also: SSTRAN AMT3000 Low-Power AM Radio Transmitter Kit

I use the SStran with an MP3 player and listen to OTR thru it. Works great but it does come as a kit.

Rich

Rich, thanks for the additional info. I linked archive.org because it's the only OTR site I knew about. I'll check your guys out. Hopefully they've got different stuff than archive.org.

Dave
KA6TJF

Dorpmuller

I'm sure's hell holding off on Internet "radio." Wait'll "they" start charging for content and keep jacking up rates, like satellite radio and cable. Never got satellite radio either, and that's why.

Give me real radio any time!

Rich

bkantor

In my opinion they are a great investment! I got the model that also has an Ipod doc (Grace Digital) and 99 presets. Although I could get all of these stations on the internet, the convenience of having it in my bedroom is great. Additionally, since I have Sirius in my car, I paid another $2.99 per month to upgrade and now get all my Sirius stations on it!! To each his own, but this was the best $200 I spent in a long time.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"I'm sure's hell holding off on Internet "radio." Wait'll "they" start charging for content and keep jacking up rates, like satellite radio and cable."
I'm not keen on those sites where you choose a genre and click on a "station" because of all the sameness and repetition like... well... radio. Those Top 40 AM bubblegum stations were the pits but I digress.

On the other hand there are SO many independents around the world, some radio stations with internet feed and others internet only, even some kids with computers calling themselves pirates even though they have no clue as to what real pirate radio is all about. (;->) Heck, there are TV stations to as if you didn't know, just for the heck of it try this one out.
Russia Today

Status
Not open for further replies.