Old Tuscarawas County System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I just added the old analog Tuscarawas County System to one of my scanners. I was previously not able to receive it but now can with my Yagi setup that I am using to test the new Tucsarawas County MARCS Simulcast. Question is what frequency or talkgroup do they page the calls out on? I have all the FD talkgroups programmed but do not hear the actual call being sent out.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Are the conventional 800 Mhz frequencies in the RR database used for anything?

853.43750 WPDU278 RM023 DPLTusCo Fire 1 Tuscarawas County Fire Dispatch FM Fire Dispatch
854.46250 WPDU278 RM051 DPLTusCo Fire 2 Tuscarawas County Fire - Operations FM Fire-Talk
855.48750 WPDU278 RM023 DPLTC EMS Disp Tuscarawas Co EMS Dispatch/Ops FM EMS Dispatch

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Had the 800 conventional frequencies in the scanner for a while now and no traffic. The UHF frequency seems to be the only conventional one active. Of course, this is hopefully all gonna change soon with the transition to MARCS.

GregOH

Are the conventional 800 Mhz frequencies in the RR database used for anything?

853.43750WPDU278RM023 DPLTusCo Fire 1Tuscarawas County Fire DispatchFMFire Dispatch
854.46250WPDU278RM051 DPLTusCo Fire 2Tuscarawas County Fire - OperationsFMFire-Talk

855.48750WPDU278RM023 DPLTC EMS DispTuscarawas Co EMS Dispatch/OpsFMEMS Dispatch
I heard Coshocton Fire and EMS on 854.4625 a week ago.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I heard Coshocton Fire and EMS on 854.4625 a week ago.

I'm sure that what you heard was a MARCS Tusco Co P25 SImulcast voice call on 854.4625, with a P25 audio signal -- and not a conventional analog call. That's especially true if you heard COshocton Fire & EMS. It was probably an active Coshocton Fire & EMS talkgroup being heard on the MARCS P25 Tusco Simulcast.

854.4625 and 855.4875 are part of the trunked P25 simulcast.

Mike

GregOH

Off topic with this, but I've been using my Pro-135 in Wayne County and to begin with it was stopping at 154.415 and I couldn't clearly make out the dispatch so I manually took it up a step to 154.420 and it is a very clear transmission that the scanner stops at quite often, so I programmed 154.420 into the scanner.

It's some type of Fire or EMS dispatch and I've searched through many database entries and the only frequency I'm able to find is 154.415 Minster Fire, but I'm thinking it's not possible for me to be getting an agency from that far away on a handheld.

Anyone know what agency I'm monitoring?

kf8yk

Off topic with this, but I've been using my Pro-135 in Wayne County and to begin with it was stopping at 154.415 and I couldn't clearly make out the dispatch so I manually took it up a step to 154.420 and it is a very clear transmission that the scanner stops at quite often, so I programmed 154.420 into the scanner.

It's some type of Fire or EMS dispatch and I've searched through many database entries and the only frequency I'm able to find is 154.415 Minster Fire, but I'm thinking it's not possible for me to be getting an agency from that far away on a handheld.

Anyone know what agency I'm monitoring?

Most likely candidate is 154.415 MHz Columbiana Co Fire / West Point VFD / East Palestine FD

There's a stream of this frequency here: West Point Fire Dispatch Give a listen & see if it matches what your hearing on your scanner.

GregOH

Most likely candidate is 154.415 MHz Columbiana Co Fire / West Point VFD / East Palestine FD

There's a stream of this frequency here: West Point Fire Dispatch Give a listen & see if it matches what your hearing on your scanner.
Not sure how I missed that when searching. I'll get the feed on my phone and see if it matches up to my radio the next time I go back to work.

Thanks.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Not sure how I missed that when searching. I'll get the feed on my phone and see if it matches up to my radio the next time I go back to work.

Thanks.

That's definitely it. It been an active blowtorch for all of my adult scanning life. I doubt it will ever go away

Mike

GregOH

I never would have expected to hear anything two counties away in any direction with this radio with a stock antenna.

When I get back to Tusc county with it I get Holmes and Harrison agencies and other than that it's silent, but when I use it in Wayne I get about everything that's conventional from any direction it seems and it's very active all day every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.