• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Old version of CP200d from new order won't update

Status
Not open for further replies.

adampearson84

I work in a Motorola shop so I'm not requesting anything I don't already have access to. About 8 radios came in that are all on version 1.21.03.0002 per the sticker. I can't see what's actually on them because they won't read in Mototrbo CPS 1 or 2, codeplug version not supported. I've gotten every update package we have on our in-house drive and ran it. Who knows why these have such an old FW on them fresh out of an order from Moto but with the supply line issues anything is possible with them I'm sure.

I've had to do a couple jumps to get up to good before, use one package to get up to another, but I've exhausted a ton of FW packages and can't get a single one it will update to. Dropdowns only ever list "none" for firmware and codeplug version, for update and recover options, in CPS2. CPS1 was no help either.

So any idea what update package for this will get these into the modern day versions? I'll keep diggin on MOL, just hope I don't have to spend all day on hold with Motorola. This stuff is crazy right now.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure your CPS is up to date? I've received orders with newer firmware that would work in public CPS then there was an update published soon after.

adampearson84

Yep, I'm running CPS 2.110.120.0 and that still says new on their page. The radio firmware packages are of course a separate thing from that.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
I'd give them a call. Sounds like they loaded some super new stuff on it. Good luck dealing with that phone system--glad I'm no longer working at Moto shop.

Tech21

Yeah, sounds like the radios have newer firmware than what is available right now and you won't be able to talk to them until the new CPS release. The new CPS is actually posted to myview so go ahead and download it.

hockeyref2

You need CPS 2.110.235.0 It just came out.

The date in flexnet or whatever is called is wrong so finding it is trickier.

adampearson84

I guess everything getting pushed over to the new "MyView" on Moto's site made my shop realize that they haven't actually had the subscription for CPS since 2018. It was just there on MOL this whole time for some reason, but with the changeover that's out. So yeah we'll have a little wait before I can get any other programming out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.