old viper-new viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

REVREID

just curious= when the new p 25 is fully up and running,will there be any systems at all left on the regular viper? i know it is a gradual change- just wandering if the old viper would be of any service-around my area-the triad area. thanks. the reason i ask is that i will block it off my home patrol if it is all dead air.

Drafin

just curious= when the new p 25 is fully up and running,will there be any systems at all left on the regular viper? i know it is a gradual change- just wandering if the old viper would be of any service-around my area-the triad area. thanks. the reason i ask is that i will block it off my home patrol if it is all dead air.

I would think that since the P25 Viper is using the same towers and freqs, that the previous 3600 system will be completely gone. There will be no towers or freqs for the old TGIDs to use once the switch is complete if I understand it correctly.

Draf

REVREID

another thought

i thought it would be gradual,but here,it all disappeared in one day. on wednesday,i heard all systems,by thursday-all quiet. well,you cant stop progress-l o l

kd8x

As far as I know, all of western NC and central areas of NC have all switched to P25 making the the old system obsolete...I have deleted the old system from my scanners and am using the P25 phase 1 systems entirely now....It sure freed up a bunch of memory he he he.....

Soundman

Has anyone set that up yet in a update in the new scanners yet ??I am so lost right now I was hearing everything and now I hear nothing .

Drafin

Has anyone set that up yet in a update in the new scanners yet ??I am so lost right now I was hearing everything and now I hear nothing .

Well that really depends on what you mean by that. I have set it up in my GRE 500 and am logging new talk groups with the wildcard feature.

If you mean has anyone set it up to where you can just download it into a scanner from the database here on radio reference then, no.

Just be patient a while longer, the db admins have a LOT of new info to enter.

Draf

REVREID

info

if any one is interested-the p 25 viper data base has 32 updates for highway patrol. i am sure the other will be coming-must be a ton of new info.. dont feel bad-i lost 20 or more departments on my home patrol- and cant update till monday. it was as quiet as a day of mourning-l o l. from what i am hearing-it will be worth the wait. i am excited about this.i keep checking the viper p 25 data base.thanks for all the help.

WA4MJF

I guess Wake County has to, as the Brain on Blue Ridge Road is theirs. I can't see them
investing in a new Brain with the switch coming up to the Cary system. I do not know if the
State is getting another Brain to parallel the County one so that they can switch.

Ronnie

Soundman

? Is the Huntersville Nc and Charlotte being messed with .I have got the new scanners and now I can't here them . :(
Thanks

kg4pbd

? Is the Huntersville Nc and Charlotte being messed with .I have got the new scanners and now I can't here them . :(
Thanks

The viper sites are now P25 9600 baud, using the same site frequencies as before. All you need to do is create new systems/sites as P25 systems. Talkgroup id's are changed, and are being submitted to the database as they are compiled. If you look at the database under the viper P25 system you will see talkgroups listed for Troop H. The easiest thing to do for now is create the new systems and search for id's.

mhodgson

Brains

I guess Wake County has to, as the Brain on Blue Ridge Road is theirs. I can't see them
investing in a new Brain with the switch coming up to the Cary system. I do not know if the
State is getting another Brain to parallel the County one so that they can switch.

Ronnie

Ronnie, the state long ago invested in new "brains".....there are three zone controllers that replaced the previous four....as the maximum number of sites per zone increased from 60 to 100...hence the need for only three.

Mike

REVREID

dull day

i just counted-i have lost 12 county systems-from rockingham co. in the east ,to burke in the west. plus highway patrol-troop d, e sometimes c,h g ,and b. also baptist air care,and carolinas medical air flights,and wildlife,and ale.believe me it is kinda boring,but,i am excited about it all coming back.guess i didnt appreciate it till it vanished.i will try to think pleasant thoughts while i wait l o l

Status
Not open for further replies.