• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Older Motorola HT narrowband LTR ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK, I have an older Motorola HT1250 LS+, and was wondering if there is an easy way to redprog it for the new narrowband freqs in use on an LTR system, or does it need a major redo?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
OK, I have an older Motorola HT1250 LS+, and was wondering if there is an easy way to redprog it for the new narrowband freqs in use on an LTR system, or does it need a major redo?

Change the band width for each repeater to 12.5KHz... Narrowband does not mean new frequencies for most existing users, it only means the deviation is reduced from +/-5KHz to +/-2.5KHz. Unless the owners added channels. Then yes, you will have to have those channels added to the radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
TY this will save my radio guy massive headaches lol.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
He knows that, I didn't. usually when I bring him new toys it causes him headaches as it takes a little extra to get what I want done lol. This time, he should have the HT up and running in 2 days given he is doing this for me in his off time. And yes, don't we all have our own guru of gear we go to for things we can't handle? :eek:

com501

Two days for a job that will take longer for the pc to boot than it will take to do the work??

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I always leave gear with him for weekend. He does my junk for free so I am not gonna start complaining now. If this was an paid for project it would be different. Anyhow since this has now degenerated into an wtf thread, this will be my last post on it. :roll:

Cowthief

Hello.

There are people who expect it now, and free.
Hams and cops come to mind.
And, how dare the radio guy actually have a life, and really be off that weekend.
Thank you for actually understanding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.