Older scanners on KSICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone is/has used some older models on KSICS? Like the BC296D/BC796D, BCD396T/BCD996T? I guess the XT's work... So if you do/did how did it perform?

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
...I don't know how much help I can be...I have been monitoring the KSICS since last Wednesday...I usually have the scanner on from aprox. 6p.m to around 10 p.m

I have a BCD996T ...I run the stock telescopic antenna inside my home ...1007 ft. aprox. elevation at this property located in South East Topeka.

I have programmed into the scanner the Topeka system frequencies along with the Statewide Mutual Aid/Incident Command Talkgroups , the North East 4 & 5 Statewide Interoperability Talkgroups (except Public works), the Emergency Management Talkgroups, the Highway Patrol - Troop B: Topeka Talkgroups... special events 2 & 3, the Air Ambulance Talkgroups for Life star in this area, most of the future Shawnee County / Topeka Talkgroups ,and Shawnee County -- Rossville Talkgroups.

I have had several "hits" on:
fa3
D
KI NE4-PSAP
Northeast 4 -- Public Safety Answering Point

I am pretty sure it was Northeast 4 and not Northeast 5 ...traffic sounded like some sort of a transport "ending mileage is xxxxxxx" ....like what you would hear with AMR ambulance service.....also heard Pottawatomie county mentioned as if that is where the traffic is originating from. I am getting a very strong signal , so far, from what little I have heard.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I used to monitor KSICS from time to time with a BC296D. It worked, however I wasn't very impressed with the overall P25 performance with that scanner. Only two systems I decoded really well were the Buchanan County, MO and Omaha, NE systems. Things have came a long ways in the past 5-6 years with scanner improvements.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I have a 396T. It sounds good on the non-simulcast towers with a descent signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.