Olmsted County ARMER Control Channel Offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveiron

Hello,

I went to check my trunk-recorder setup this morning and noticed that it was spewing a bunch of errors about not being able to tune the control channel.

In Olmsted County the following control channels are listed:
851.050851.150851.300851.5375a853.2625853.5125a853.6125c

and I can hear a signal on only 851.5375 this morning. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Thanks!

Imago

Looks like it's on the alternate channel. My setup (SDRTrunk) allows for control channel searching so i program in the primary and all alternate frequencies of the site i want to listen to every time for when this happens. Edit: looks like Olmsted was updated recently in this site's database so who knows...

fiveiron

I have the primary control channel and the 2 alternates also loaded but it looks like trunk-recorder doesn't know what to do with the alternates. I'll take another look at the DB. Thanks for responding!

fiveiron

Looks like it's on the alternate channel. My setup (SDRTrunk) allows for control channel searching so i program in the primary and all alternate frequencies of the site i want to listen to every time for when this happens. Edit: looks like Olmsted was updated recently in this site's database so who knows...
@Imago would you mind posting the frequencies you know of for primary and alternates? I checked the DB and didn't see any changes.

fiveiron

Using trunk-recorder I was finally able to get things working. It appear trunk-recorder doesn't just rescan and select an alternate control channel automatically. I listed 851.5375 as the first control channel and removed the old primary control channel from the list. Then I also had to make sure the first source listed would cover that frequency. After that, things started working again.

blue5011

I am wondering if something else happened there in Olmsted County.

Normally I here TG 20212 Z 3 SC Call (Rochester) as the State Patrol regional or zone dispatch. The last time I logged a call from Z 3 SC Call was Saturday (March 20, 2020) at apx 10:30AM.

Have not logged a TG 20212 call since...

fiveiron

I am wondering if something else happened there in Olmsted County.

Normally I here TG 20212 Z 3 SC Call (Rochester) as the State Patrol regional or zone dispatch. The last time I logged a call from Z 3 SC Call was Saturday (March 20, 2020) at apx 10:30AM.

Have not logged a TG 20212 call since...
I'm still capturing 20341 which is Southeast CALL rather than South Central CALL

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issues a few weeks back with Ramsey County. They're been on an alternative control channel for several weeks now. Trunk recorder doesn't seem to deal with a control channel beyond the first one in the list.

johnmoe1

This made me curious if the Ramsey County site was being upgraded, but no it is still not broadcasting the SYNC_BCST messages that upgraded sites broadcast.

Barely related oddness... The SYNC_BCST message contains a time. All of the upgraded metro sites, except two, broadcast a time that is within a minute of correct (I am too lazy to check more carefully). Hennepin East is 40 minutes slow. Minneapolis is broadcasting a date of September 16, 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.