Olmsted county state patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

durgin

I am having trouble hearing the state patrol base. I can hear the state patrol talking from there cars to the base, but i cant hear what the base is saying. I only hear one side of the conversation. Also i have a pro 97. Any idea's on this, thanks.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
i havent had any issues hearing 2100 on my ht1250 or my mobile. I was picking it up well in the waseca area also

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
When you hear them are they actually talking to base, or is it of more a car to car nature. That frequency is listed as also being a car to car freq. With that being the case it is possible that you are not close enough to the repeater or there is some sort of interference (buildings, trees, etc) that is preventing you from receiving the repeater but the units using car to car are close enough for you to hear. That is a possibility. I will say though that in my experience that the state patrol is somewhat elusive to hear in the out-state areas. I suppose that is due to large geographical areas and my equipment maybe not being optimum. But last time i went through that area and had my scanner with me i don't really remember hearing much out of the SP.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
durgin said:
i live about 2-3 miles from the state patrol base.

Well that shoots down my theory. Have you tried listening to the input frequency at all? I doubt that will really do much for you, but maybe things got switched. That's a really big long shot. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

twoxland

154.920 is the mobile freq. the base is on a totaly different channel i cant rember it right off hand but just google and look for rochester sp base they also have a aircraft channel but i rarley hear anything on the freq. hope this helps!!

West of the Muddy Creek, East of the Big Hill.
Rochester District 2100 base frequency is 154.920, it is used by both dispatch and mobile. I lived in Rochester area from July 1985 until January 2004 and visit the area about 12 times a month, I have heard MNSP Rochester Dispatch within the last 2 weeks. The old mobile frequency was 158.910. When I am in the Rochester area, I am about 1/2 from the District 2100 Hq, I would be located near 41st St NW just off of US 52.

Status
Not open for further replies.