Olympia WSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

3King

Premium Subscriber
So I live in Castle Rock Wa. I have a big outdoor antenna that is 40ft in the air, And I have been able to monitor Wsp in Olympia pretty well. But the last couple days I have not heard anything on 154.920. Is that frequency down right now?

wildland23

So I live in Castle Rock Wa. I have a big outdoor antenna that is 40ft in the air, And I have been able to monitor Wsp in Olympia pretty well. But the last couple days I have not heard anything on 154.920. Is that frequency down right now?
Loud and clear here in Eatonville on VHF

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
And today all Olympia units were told to switch from trunking to conventional

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised they don't just use the brand new WSDOT system, why does each agency need its own statewide system. Wow. I know nothing about the complexity of these systems and how many users they can have, etc. Just thinking out loud.

im800mhz

I'm surprised they don't just use the brand new WSDOT system, why does each agency need its own statewide system. Wow. I know nothing about the complexity of these systems and how many users they can have, etc. Just thinking out loud.
Because they have different service needs. One patrols State Highways, the other maintains State Highways. One patrols State ferries, the other operates and maintains ferries. Ummmm. Never mind.

It's politics. Nothing more.

jparks29

John McClane
Because they have different service needs. One patrols State Highways, the other maintains State Highways. One patrols State ferries, the other operates and maintains ferries. Ummmm. Never mind.

It's politics. Nothing more.

I love when you put it that way..

But, just to muddy the waters... The state ferry system is considered a highway.....which is why WSP has jurisdiction over it.

When you're on a ferry, you're driving on a state highway.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.