"Omaha" Air Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
That could be an input freq for a repeater as well, so you might search the band with another scanner when that freq is active.

ecps92

P25 or Analog ??

NAC or PL Tone ???

162.0500 is pretty much now a USCG Channel, altho it was used by NOAA/NMF in the past.

162.0500 P25/$293 is CG-108
162.0500 is also an input to CG Academy in CT at 171.3625

Probably still being used Analog [reason for my Questions] by Sector Long Island, Air Rescue [CSQ]

Omaha air unit now on 162.050

art

n2nov

It was definitely US Customs aircraft with callsign "OMAHA" as I heard them trailing a suspect from Queens into Spanish Harlem via the Triborough Bridge (I refuse to call it by the other name).

NESN

Here's something similar I heard earlier this year: same unit different frequency. I haven't heard them on 169.450 for quite a while now.

Omaha in CNJ/NNJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Thursday 1/7/10 I picked up a CBP Helo running aerial support for ground units on 169.450. I run this frequency for Wireless Mics. Mostly it was coming up as 100.0 but occasionally came up as P25-301. The helo was providing a video downlink for the ground units to record. I couldn't hear the ground units but the helo was on all day."Omaha" was heard often. They started in Edison/Woodbridge and after a fuel stop moved to the Secucus/Meadowlands area of NNJ. I was able to pick up the helo loud and clear from a fixed post approximately 40-60 miles south.

Status
Not open for further replies.