Omaha.com: Strange fob stories in Bellevue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUrge

I thought this was funny...I wonder what they were testing at Offutt that would cause this?

Strange fob stories in Bellevue - Omaha.com

Garage doors open and close on their own. Cell phone calls mysteriously cut off. Keyless remotes suddenly stop working.
Something eerie is happening in Bellevue, and it has some people on edge.
“It's very strange,” said Capt. Herb Evers of the Bellevue Police Department.
One day this week, nearly a dozen people at the Lied Activity Center couldn't use their remote key fobs to lock or unlock their vehicles. One woman, whose Cadillac has a push-button ignition, had it towed to the dealer when it wouldn't start.

SCPD

QRT
Read the article further.
Miles Brown, an Offutt spokesman, said interference can happen when remotes operate on the same, or nearly the same, radio frequencies as those used for military communications.
This has been covered by the media before.
Offutt isn't testing anything. It's their communications, possibly their trunking system or other frequencies that they may use.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I spent all of last summer staying in a place just off of base lake road... My keyless entry NEVER worked when my car was sitting in the driveway.

SCPD

QRT
This has been a known problem for a while. Not only at Offutt but many military installations with radio systems in the 380-420 mhz area.

My relatives, whom lives just north of Offutt, had issues with the garage door opening up without any real reason. They later purchased a different garage door opener, and the problem stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.