Omaha P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0JJK

I am thinking a company like that has a Privacy Rules for Customer's system. OPPD takes care of the sites. When Douglas and OPPD joined, they took over all the base sites.

There was an artilce in the paper when they signed the contract in 2004 I think.

I think Mobile Com takes care of the end users portables and mobiles.

Good luck.

W0JJK

SCPD

QRT
If you listen to OPPD sites in Search mode you will hear OPD talkgroups a couple of times.

SCPD

QRT
Yokoshibu said:
this thread brought up the question I had... Is DC OTAR cappable?
I don't think it does, but I don't know. I don't see why they would need to have OTAR with this system. Only OPD's, ERU, VICE, and NARC units use encryption in Dougals county. The other agencies I don't know about haven't listened that much. I would be that they use AES encryption and not DES. AES would be hard to crack. The military only uses AES encryption now.

Douglas county Sheriff might have a secure channel. Two days ago I heard one deputy tell another deputy or the dispatcher to "go to channel XX" (the actual name of the channel is XX). The other person asked what channel that was. The deputy told them is was the new secure channel. I tried to do a search for it but the 996 skips encrypted radio traffic.

Here is my question. If Washington county wants OTAR or even Pot county is it just their sites that do it?

SCPD

QRT
Yokoshibu said:
the military only uses aes? where did you get that from out of curiosity?
If they use encryption they now can only use AES. My friend who is a radio tech for the Air Force.

topnik

Nice thread here...

KG4WHM said:
Has anyone heard any Private Call (Icalls) on the Omaha system?
I know Sarpy encrypts theirs. I don't think Douglas county or Omaha encrypts their private calls. I think they just don't us it.

Sarpy doesn't encrypt all their Icalls...as a matter of fact, I've noticed a bunch of P25 Icalls, along with analog, and some that are encrypted...strange thing is, and I'd have to look back over my reams of logs (paper...I'm not that much of a geek :)) but I could swear I've seen the same Icall ID working analog, P25, and encrypted...and back.

I haven't seen any Icalls on the ORIN...of course, out in West O I have problems receiving it reliably...function of good scanner with less than perfect antenna system (that and I only recently turned the Icall feature on for the ORIN).

Great discussion!

SCPD

QRT
With the Omaha system what I have read is that you need a uniden 996 or 396 to receive Icalls in a P25 trunking system. They are very rare but do happen.

topnik

I have the BCD-396T

KG4WHM said:
With the Omaha system what I have read is that you need a uniden 996 or 396 to receive Icalls in a P25 trunking system. They are very rare but do happen.

...so I should see them if I have them selected and they're there...and...oh...if I'm listening...that's the key...

Thanks for the feedback...I'm sure they're there, and I'm sure there's a disparity in training among the different users/systems/areas...training is the KEY to interop...don't care what freq you use...if there's no training, you're horked.

Spanky###

Pro92

W0JJK said:
So there is users who have that ability to "private" call? I bet that was interesting to hear.

So you applied at OPPD for a job?

W0JJK

Dear sir, could you e-mail me a picture of the fire truck you have next to your login name. I have a scrap-book of all types of fire vehicles & others. If possible send it to davenport_2@webtv.net
Thank you very much sir!
Rob.
& Have a great evening !

topnik

Since we're talking about Icalls and the like...

KG4WHM said:

...I've seen a few on the Lincoln EDACS system...I have the unique (???) opportunity to travel to Lincoln a few times a week for work and have logged several Icalls (along with many TGIDs)...just wondering if there is any info on that system...at least more than is already in the RR database...

Spanky###

Yokoshibu

Topnik

I didnt know you were on here... I know who u are, I'll stop by and ask you some questions on monday.

Last edited:

topnik

Yokoshibu...I'm unhappy that...

Yokoshibu said:
Topnik

I didnt know you were on here... I know who u are, I'll stop by and ask you some questions on monday.
...I'm off balance...

You know who I am, yet, I don't know who you are...

If you're going to try to find me Monday, you'll have to do it in between mission planning...please tell me you're not an ASE...if you are...well, that's fine...

Drop by, baby...

Spanky###

Yokoshibu

LOS tasking

I actually ran outta there this morning and didnt think of it untill after I was off base.... came into work and they told me to leave... something about some guy named dick and a LOS tasking I didnt want to be involved in....

oh and worse I'm a raven.

topnik

Rog the LOS tasking...

Yokoshibu said:
I actually ran outta there this morning and didnt think of it untill after I was off base.... came into work and they told me to leave... something about some guy named dick and a LOS tasking I didnt want to be involved in....

oh and worse I'm a raven.

ravens are ok in my book...i'll be mission planning for real tomorrow...drop by or pm me on here...

unfortunately, i couldn't get my scanner in with me as I sat in the bleachers...got to listen to the end as I was driving off base and he was leaving...oh well...

Spanky###

Yokoshibu

topnik said:
ravens are ok in my book...i'll be mission planning for real tomorrow...drop by or pm me on here...

unfortunately, i couldn't get my scanner in with me as I sat in the bleachers...got to listen to the end as I was driving off base and he was leaving...oh well...

Spanky###

Yeah I missed the fly by but got some shots of that long motorcade....had enough motorcycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.