Omaha Scanner Club

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
I am going to be in Omaha on Sunday and Monday (May 21 & 22) and was wondering if there is anyone on here that I could get in touch with while there regarding some help in programming. No on in this area seems to know much about the newer systems. Thanks

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
I am going to be in Omaha on Sunday and Monday (May 21 & 22) and was wondering if there is anyone on here that I could get in touch with while there regarding some help in programming. No on in this area seems to know much about the newer systems. Thanks
Still looking for someone from the Omaha Scanner club to reply. Thank you

scanomaha

The Omaha Area Scanner Club (OASC) , more or less Disbanded a few years ago. :(

Every so often I will see if there is an interest in a yearly meeting, but especially now that most Omaha area Law comms are encrypted, the scanner interest/hobby is sadly enough going by the wayside.

I still program some scanners here & there...but nothing like it was 10 years ago.
Perhaps, you can post what make & model scanner you have,,, and what agencies or counties you are wanting programmed.... , and someone may know how to program it.

xmo

The sad demise of the Omaha scanner club reflects the decline of scanning in general especially in the Omaha area.

There are a number of causes for this, the dominance of P25 phase 2 systems that are hard to scan without expensive equipment, the proliferation of [REDACTED - FORBIDDEN SUBJECT], and the big 'E".

Scanning is so dead that there was hardly a whimper when virtually all law dispatch on ORION went encrypted.

It will be interesting to see if anyone even notices when clear fire dispatch is gone too.

tykinz85

Premium Subscriber
The Omaha Area Scanner Club (OASC) , more or less Disbanded a few years ago. :(

Every so often I will see if there is an interest in a yearly meeting, but especially now that most Omaha area Law comms are encrypted, the scanner interest/hobby is sadly enough going by the wayside.

I still program some scanners here & there...but nothing like it was 10 years ago.
Perhaps, you can post what make & model scanner you have,,, and what agencies or counties you are wanting programmed.... , and someone may know how to program it.
Question, as I’ve been looking for the answer, is all of Orion encrypted or just law?m channels? I want program this in to scan the fire channels but don’t want to go through the effort is if it’s all encrypted. Thanks!

NebraskaCoder

You can still listen to fire and other channels (hit and miss depending on what you want to listen to). Some smaller law departments might still be unencrypted too.