OMG, innovative but please don't do it, I beg of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I think I found a good reason for the collar around the SMA area on our SDS100's, other than the water proofing/o ring we're told...

It's to keep people from doing this, while unique.... for the love of all that is not white trash, please don't, I beg of you. :ROFLMAO:

mods.dk -> YAESU -> MISC -> SMA to BNC ADAPTER for YAESU HT

This is one time, I'm relieved/happy to know that a large percentage of our community uses Polident, not Crest. ;)

Jen

NC1

They were so proud of "painting" it with a Sharpie marker too. Or, as they suggested, "or you can use real paint ".

I can't help but wonder if this is the guy who tried to jump off his roof onto a moving truck.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
The hell is that?! Looks like graffiti I've seen in Californiastan. Hell if I can solve that. Why not create a simple question captcha like, "what's the third letter in our site name?" That would be much more prudent.

Without having to give out an email and having to register for a site, can we get the TL;DR version?

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I apologize for even bothering to post this little cute item, it won’t happen again. Apparently I’m the only one with enough intelligence to be able to figure out how to get past the captcha anti spam system and the rest just feel like “female dogging” about the site, not trying to enjoy the humor in the actual post linked to.

Mods can you please delete this entire thread which I started, it just turned into a reason for people to complain about it or complain about the site's business model while on a site using similar.... and that wasn’t my intent. I’ll stop bothering in the future.

Thank you...
Jen
KB6JEN/VE7JOD

Last edited:

jjbond

Banned
Banned
mods.dk - Member maintenance

Translation: Our esteemed colleague took mods provided to him for free and then put them behind a paywall.

I trust you are not talking about me when you say colleague, it is not my site, or are you referring to the RR/Broadcastify system who uses a similar business model (takes free feeds from people’s scanners and charges membership), it’s a business model THEY have chosen and none of OUR business. You’re a premium member here, as am I (and have been a member here for over 16 years) so we obviously agree with that business model so let’s not be hypocritical and try to enjoy the giggle I tried to give... sheeeesh

I only saw a cute SMA TO BNC ADAPTER on that site and wanted to give you all a smile, something I regret and won’t be doing again, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I trust you are not talking about me when you say colleague, it is not my site, or are you referring to the RR system who takes free feeds from people’s scanners and charges membership, it’s a business model THEY have chosen and none of OUR business. You’re a premium member here, as am I so we obviously agree with that business model so let’s not be hypocritical and try to enjoy the giggle I tried to give... sheeeesh

I only saw a cute SMA TO BNC ADAPTER on that site and wanted to give you all a giggle, something I regret and won’t be happening again.

I'm pretty sure feed providers are compensated...but I could be wrong.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I'm pretty sure feed providers are compensated...but I could be wrong.
Benefits of Being a Feed Provider
There is a significant set of benefits available to you when you provide an approved audio feed to Broadcastify.com. When you provide a feed to Broadcastify you receive:
  • A solid, scalable broadcast platform designed to support tens of thousands of listeners per feed.
  • An audience of over 500,000 registered Broadcastify members and tens of millions of smartphone users.
  • Access to detailed charts and statistics about your feed, including listeners per hour, uptime, and max listeners.
  • A full 180 day archive of all of your feed's content split into 30 minute mp3 file chunks and readily available for download.
  • Active promotion of your feed to the Broadcastify and social media community when something newsworthy occurs on your feed.
  • A lot of grateful listeners and a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart.
Again... not the intent of this thread and should never have been brough into the thread by W4AMP, this thread is about a BNC/SMA adapter made out of a toothpaste cap, can we please get it back on track till the mods can delete it for me, thank you. (and as you have a "Super Moderator" button, maybe you can read my request and action it instead of adding to the off topic confusion please and thank you).

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Benefits of Being a Feed Provider
There is a significant set of benefits available to you when you provide an approved audio feed to Broadcastify.com. When you provide a feed to Broadcastify you receive:
  • A solid, scalable broadcast platform designed to support tens of thousands of listeners per feed.
  • An audience of over 500,000 registered Broadcastify members and tens of millions of smartphone users.
  • Access to detailed charts and statistics about your feed, including listeners per hour, uptime, and max listeners.
  • A full 180 day archive of all of your feed's content split into 30 minute mp3 file chunks and readily available for download.
  • Active promotion of your feed to the Broadcastify and social media community when something newsworthy occurs on your feed.
  • A lot of grateful listeners and a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart.
Again... not the intent of this thread and should never have been brough into the thread by W4AMP, this thread is about a BNC/SMA adapter made out of a toothpaste cap, can we please get it back on track till the mods can delete it for me, thank you. (and as you have a "Super Moderator" button, maybe you can read my request and action it instead of adding to the off topic confusion please and thank you).

WHY BROADCAST WITH BROADCASTIFY?
  • It's free!
  • We record and archive your feed for 180 days
  • Broadcasters receive a free premium subscription on Broadcastify AND RadioReference.com
  • Unparalleled broadcast infrastructure
  • Feed status monitoring and notifications
  • Huge audience
  • Full online feed management interface: includes real time and historical listener counts and statistics
  • Broadcast Owner API
  • Embeddable feed players for your own Web sites
  • Feed provider incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.