OmniX Antenna in Attic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I like this antenna but being very specific on frequencies and not receiving much past the listed specs, I will be setting my discone back up and later on put up the Omni X with a dedicated coax for the 15X. If I choose the same pole, How far apart should these two antennas be apart? Also, since I am using a PVC telescopic pole, would I have some loss if I mount the Omni X along side the pole about 2 feet under the discone. Thanks.

TJX400

I have placed an order for mine and it is on the way as we speak. I've heard great things about it so far, so I'm looking forward to the results mine is able to offer. I'll have to make a follow up post detailing my experience... It's set to arrive on 08/09/2022.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
It is a good antenna, no doubt. Since I picked up a R8600 that goes up to 3 Ghz, I needed a wider coverage antenna. Will put the Omni X back up before the snow flys for my BCT15X. Hope it works out for your needs. The coverage of the Omni X is exactly what it states. Tried going out side the listed specs, its deaf.

rja1

Premium Subscriber
I like this antenna but being very specific on frequencies and not receiving much past the listed specs, I will be setting my discone back up and later on put up the Omni X with a dedicated coax for the 15X. If I choose the same pole, How far apart should these two antennas be apart?
At least 1/4 wavelength apart at the lowest frequency they cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.